Tom Holland New York pandemic stars Tom Holland New York

‘Spider-Man’ tops $1B, first pandemic-era film to mark milestone

Reading now: 995
www.fox29.com

NEW YORK, NY - OCTOBER 12: Tom Holland and Zendaya on the set of "Spiderman: Far From Home" on October 12, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Bobby Bank/GC Images) Peter Parker’s good fortune continued over the holiday weekend as Hollywood prepares to close the books on a turbulent 2021.

Even with some mighty competition from new Matrix and Sing movies, and rising concerns over the omicron variant, "Spider-Man: No Way Home" stayed in the No.

1 spot and netted a few more milestones too including crossing the $1 billion mark globally.According to studio estimates Sunday "Spider-Man" added $81.5 million over the three-day weekend, down 69% from its first weekend.

Read more on fox29.com
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

‘Occupancy pressures’ holding back Hamilton hospital from resuming non-urgent procedures - globalnews.ca - county Ontario - county St. Joseph
globalnews.ca
41%
939
‘Occupancy pressures’ holding back Hamilton hospital from resuming non-urgent procedures
COVID-19-related hospitalizations and intensive care admissions across Ontario are behind the decision to lift Directive 2 – an initiative issued last month ordering hospitals to pause non-urgent and non-emergent surgeries and procedures. Timeline to lift all COVID-19 measures in Ontario coming soon, top doctor says But Hamilton Health Sciences’ president says “occupancy pressures” will hold back the city’s largest network with acute occupancy rates over 100 per cent at two of its major hospitals.“As we continue to face occupancy pressures well over 100 per cent and as high as 120 per cent of some of our sites, like the Juravinski, particularly, Hamilton Health Sciences is not yet in a position to resume business as usual or services on any significant scale,” HHS’s Rob MacIsaac told staff in a town hall.MacIsaac revealed ramp-up plans are proceeding “cautiously and gradually” but said a resumption of the services is not in the cards yet until executives are certain access to urgent and emergent care will not be affected.As of Thursday, combined Hamilton’s hospitals are treating 164 COVID patients – about 60 less than the same day last week.There are 19 patients in intensive care units (ICU), representing 15 less than last Thursday.HHS total adult ICU occupancy rate is at 89 per cent as of Feb.
Donald Trump - Joe Biden - Virginia deputy attorney general resigns after social media posts praising Jan. 6 rioters surface - fox29.com - state Virginia
fox29.com
64%
1000
Virginia deputy attorney general resigns after social media posts praising Jan. 6 rioters surface
Download the FOX 5 DC News App for Local Breaking News and WeatherAccording to The Post, Monique Miles falsely claimed Donald Trump won the election, praised the Capitol rioters as "patriots" and espoused conspiracy theories about voter fraud on Facebook. The newspaper reported it had obtained screenshots of the posts, authenticated them with people who interacted with Miles, and shared them with the office of Republican Attorney General Jason Miyares.A spokeswoman for Miyares confirmed Miles’ resignation and said that her posts had been unknown to the office before Thursday morning."The Attorney General has been very clear - Joe Biden won the election and he has condemned the January 6th attack," spokeswoman Victoria LaCivita said in a statement to The Associated Press.READ MORE: Virginia's new attorney general removes 2 lawyers at public universitiesThe Post reported that the social media comments from Miles were not publicly visible but that Miles said they had not been deleted.Miles, who could not immediately be reached by the AP for comment, told The Post in an email that the posts were being taken out of context and were shared in a "character assassination to stir up controversy.""The posts were made at a time when the news was still developing re: the facts around the election, the court cases, the Rally on the Ellipse and what happened at the capitol," Miles said in the email, the Post reported.
Travis Scott - Billie Eilish - Kanye West threatens to pull out of Coachella after Billie Eilish disses Travis Scott at concert - fox29.com - Los Angeles - city Atlanta - county Park - state Louisiana - city New Orleans, state Louisiana - parish Orleans
fox29.com
50%
149
Kanye West threatens to pull out of Coachella after Billie Eilish disses Travis Scott at concert
Los Angeles - Ye, commonly known as Kanye West, is threatening to cancel his performance at Coachella over comments Billie Eilish made about rapper Travis Scott at a recent concert.The rapper posted a screenshot to his Instagram Thursday regarding Eilish’s reported comments about Scott at a concert in Atlanta. "Billie Eilish dissed Travis Scott at her concert after she stopped the show to give her fan an inhaler! ‘I wait for the people to be okay before I keep going,’" the post West screenshotted read. In the comments, West wrote, "COME ON BILLIE WE LOVE YOU PLEASE APOLOGIZE TO TRAV AND TO THE FAMILIES OF THE PEOPLE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES."He continued: "NO ONE INTENDED THIS TO HAPPEN TRAV DIDN’T HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT WAS HAPPENING WHEN HE WAS ON STAGE AND WAS VERY HURT BY WHAT HAPPENED AND YES TRAV WILL BE WITH ME AT COACHELLA BUT NOW I NEED BILLIE TO APOLOGIZE BEFORE I PERFORM." At a recent concert, Eilish was seen stopping her show to make sure a fan who could not breathe was given an inhaler and seemingly dissed Travis Scott by saying "I wait for the people to be OK before I keep going."Billie Eilish performs onstage during her "Happier Than Ever" tour opener at Smoothie King Center on February 03, 2022 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Live Nation) Scott was the headliner for the sold-out Astroworld Festival in NRG Park in Houston in November, which was attended by an estimated 50,000 people.
Delaware County fire company suspended pending investigation into alleged racist comments - fox29.com - state Delaware - county Hill - city Sharon, county Hill
fox29.com
48%
493
Delaware County fire company suspended pending investigation into alleged racist comments
DARBY TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Briarcliffe Fire Company has been shut down for at least the next 30 days as Delaware County officials investigate the alleged use of racial slurs on a recent virtual meeting. The fire company, located in Darby Township will not be receiving fire calls during the suspension. The suspension comes after a Jan. 27 virtual meeting between township fire companies and commissioners about a potential consolidation. According to a letter from the Goodwill Fire Company obtained by FOX 29, following the end of the meeting, a group of people remained on the call. The letter says there was then a group of people that could be heard discussing the meeting using foul language, and identifies those involved in the conversation as members of the Briarcliffe Fire Company. The conversation, which lasted an hour and 45 minutes, allegedly included racial slurs when discussing members of other fire companies and township residents.One of the Briarcliffe Fire Company members was also accused of making a joke about, Fanta Bility, a young girl who was killed in a shooting in Sharon Hill last fall.Derogatory and otherwise offensive comments were also allegedly made about other township officials.Township officials say the incident is under investigation, and that a criminal referral is expected to be made to the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office. MORE HEADLINES:In their letter, the Goodwill Fire Company Board of directors expressed their concern for the fire companies and safety of the community. "This is not appropriate and does not belong in the township," the letter read. Darby Township officials are scheduled to speak on the issue at 2 p.m.
DMCA