Nicola Sturgeon vaccine Coronavirus Health Nicola Sturgeon

Dumfries and Galloway sees new record for number of coronavirus cases in a single week

Reading now: 373
www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Dumfries and Galloway has recorded a record number of new coronavirus cases for the second week running.Health bosses say there were 2,906 confirmed cases in the week ending January 12, up slightly from 2,825 the week before.Director of public health, Valerie White, is urging everyone – particularly 12 to 17-year-olds – to make sure they are fully vaccinated.She said: “Vaccination uptake has been fantastic, with so far 86 per cent of eligible adults over 18 in the region having received their booster.

However, we need people aged 12 to 17 and their families to know that they must attend one of the drop-in clinics in order to receive their second dose.“Being fully vaccinated provides the highest degree of protection against a virus that is now in all of our communities.” Vaccination slots can be booked by visiting https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp or calling 0800 030 8013.

There are also drop-in clinics taking place across the region and details of those can be found at www.nhsdg.co.uk/vaccines.

Read more on dailyrecord.co.uk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Boris Johnson - Boris Johnson claims “nobody told me” Downing Street party was against COVID rules - nme.com
nme.com
53%
103
Boris Johnson claims “nobody told me” Downing Street party was against COVID rules
Boris Johnson has claimed that he wasn’t informed that a Downing Street garden gathering that’s been alleged to have been party was against COVID rules at the time.The Prime Minister said in a new interview that he “humbly apologises” to people for “misjudgements” that were made, but that he wouldn’t have attended the gathering on May 20, 2020, if he thought it broke the rules.He told Sky News today (January 18): “I’m saying categorically that nobody told me, nobody said this was something that was against the rules, doing something that wasn’t a work event because frankly, I can’t imagine why it would have gone ahead, or it would have been allowed to go ahead if it was against the rules.”"I carry full responsibility for what took place, but nobody said to me that this was an event that is against the rules."Boris Johnson recalls what he remembers about an alleged party in the Downing Street garden during lockdown.Latest: https://t.co/lE3sSg2vbt pic.twitter.com/k50uWKeYmD— Sky News (@SkyNews) January 18, 2022Under the rules that applied at the time of the alleged party, which dozens of Downing Street staff were invited to in an email sent by principal private secretary Martin Reynolds, people in England were subject to “not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household” [via FullFact].The law in May 2020 said “no person may participate in a gathering in a public place of more than two people” unless it was for one of a number of stated reasons. These included when the gathering was “essential for work purposes” or “all the persons in the gathering are members of the same household”.
Pujith Jayasundara - Joint effort could have prevented Easter Attacks – Deshabandu - newsfirst.lk - India - Sri Lanka
newsfirst.lk
42%
125
Joint effort could have prevented Easter Attacks – Deshabandu
COLOMBO (News 1st): Senior DIG in charge of the Western Province Deshabandu Thennakoon told a Sri Lankan Court that if all responsible agencies held joint discussions on the intelligence received and acted expeditiously, the 2019 Easter Attacks could have been prevented.The Senior Cop was testifying at the Colombo Permanent High Court Trial-at-Bar in the case filed against Former Police Chief Pujith Jayasundara.Ex-IGP Jayasundara is charged with neglecting his duties by failing to prevent the Easter Attacks among other charges.Deputy Solicitor General Dileepa Pieris led the evidence from the prosecution on Tuesday (18).Deshabandu Thennakoon told the court that the intel received by the Head of National Intelligence on the 9th of April 2019 from the State Intelligence Serves became yet another piece of intel that flowed from top to bottom of the chain of command.The witness told the court that even though the intel was on extremists targeting religious places and the Indian High Commission, there were no images or photographs of the wanted suspects, and therefore there was no opportunity for him or his junior officers to identify the perpetrators.However, the court questioned the witness if Sri Lanka Police is only capable of preventing an event if the definite time and date is mentioned or does Sri Lanka Police not possess the capability of preventing a possible event by looking into those claims.The Senior Police Officer responded that there was no definite information available on the matter.He also told the court that he was on leave from the 18th to the 21st of April 2019, and therefore he did not have time to follow up on the instructions given to junior officers.He added that there was no follow-up from Ex-IGP