Twitter: Latest News

Twitter under Elon Musk abandons covid-19 misinformation policy

Twitter Inc. has stopped enforcing a policy aimed at curbing the spread of Covid-19 misinformation on its platform in the company’s latest move to loosen moderation guidelines on the site.

covid-19 Twitter platform
www.livemint.comwww.livemint.com

All news where Twitter is mentioned

Elon Musk - Elon Musk claims strange new Covid strains are 'giving him kid naming ideas' - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
83%
462
Elon Musk claims strange new Covid strains are 'giving him kid naming ideas'
Elon Musk has claimed that the names of new Covid variants are giving him inspiration for the names of future children.The world’s richest man was responding to a story discussing how variants of Omicron are appearing differently around the globe, rather than just as a single strain.On Twitter, Shibetoshi Nakamoto – the pseudonym for the person behind the cryptocurrency Dodgecoin – posted a screen grab from the article along with a caption.READ MORE: Elon Musk says World War Three could be on the horizon as Putin prepares his nukes“Did Elon Musk name these new covid variants[?]” they asked.Musk appeared to deny that he was in fact the person behind the naming, but did it admit it was giving him inspiration.He replied: “Definitely giving me kid naming ideas”.Musk has a bit of a track record of unusual baby names.In May 2020, the Tesla founder shared a snap of his and musician Grimes’s newborn son.The accompanying caption revealed that the baby boy’s name was “X Æ A-12 Musk” – something that people still find impossible to pronounce.X Æ A-12 was the couple's first child together.Some people were convinced the name was pronounced as “X Ash Archangel”, in reference to a Lockheed aircraft that is nicknamed Archangel.On Twitter, one fan mused: "How do you pronounce that even? Like you can't just go "Come here X AE A-12", like is it pronounced John or Smith.
Ed Sheeran - Taylor Swift - Craig Revel Horwood - Will Mellor - Strictly star Will Mellor gives health update after judges slammed for harsh critiques - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
71%
758
Strictly star Will Mellor gives health update after judges slammed for harsh critiques
Strictly Come Dancing star Will Mellor has shared a health update on Twitter after worrying fans having been left bedbound last week.The former Coronation Street actor, 46, took to Twitter on Monday (October 17), looking jovial, recording a selfie video, and sharing some feel-good energy with his fans.In a 10-sec clip, Will said: “Morning, it’s a new day, it’s a new week, fresh start, let’s have it.”READ NEXT: Strictly's Helen Skelton breaks silence amid news ex will welcome baby with new girlfriendHe captioned the video: “Happy Monday, people!! Hope you have a great wk!” and hashtagged #positivity, #positivevibesonly and #happymonday.Will also told fans via an Instagram update: “I’m so glad to be feeling better!"Will’s upbeat posts come a few days after the BBC star was struck by a "horrible virus" that led him to miss show rehearsals.However, Will pushed through and on Saturday night (October 15), he and his partner Nancy performed a touching rumba routine to The Joker and the Queen by Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift. For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking hereThe dance aimed to shed light on the importance of men’s mental health and Will dedicated it to those who “put on a brave face” amid their mental health struggles.
Basil Rajapaksa - Ali Sabry - Charitha Herath - Charitha hits back: First culprit of Economic Crisis was Cabinet including Minister Sabry - newsfirst.lk
newsfirst.lk
81%
738
Charitha hits back: First culprit of Economic Crisis was Cabinet including Minister Sabry
COLOMBO (News 1st) – The former Chairman of the COPE Prof. Charitha Herath today hit back at the former Minister of Justice and the current Foreign Affairs Minister Ali Sabry against his remarks that the Cabinet of Ministers was clueless with regard to the economic crisis. Taking to twitter, the former COPE Chair released a document which included a Notice to the Cabinet by the former Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa with regard to the country's foreign currency outflows and the distribution of responsibility on foreign currency inflow. The annexure attached to the document, which included the expected outflows and inflows during 2022, underlined the debt servicing payments, maturing sovereign bonds and expenses with regard to goods imports. Minister Ali Sabry on Friday (14) said that the Cabinet of Ministers "thought everything was ok" and failed to recognise the depth of the economic crisis, and were more invested in their own subjects and portfolios. The former COPE Chairman shared the documents and pointed out that such is evidence that the financial issue was discussed at the Cabinet though no solution was found. "True, first culprit of this disaster is the Cabinet of which Ali Sabry was a part." he tweeted. The incident also sparked more discourse, with several notable figures commenting on the matter, with some pointing out that a his resignation is the alternative to this issue.
Sir Ringo Starr, 82, CANCELS tour after testing positive for COVID-19 AGAIN - dailymail.co.uk - Los Angeles - state California - Canada - city Seattle - city Portland - city San Jose, state California - city Mexico City
dailymail.co.uk
40%
789
Sir Ringo Starr, 82, CANCELS tour after testing positive for COVID-19 AGAIN
Sir Ringo Starr has cancelled his tour after testing positive for COVID-19 again - just three days after revealing he had tested negative and was getting back on the road.The Beatles icon, 82, took to Twitter on Thursday to share a selfie, captioned: 'I’m sure you’ll be as surprised as I was I tested positive again for Covid the rest of the tour is off I send you peace and love Ringo.'The announcement comes just three days after the singer revealed he had restarted his tour after testing negative for COVID-19 -  after being forced to cancel gigs when he contracted the virus.The positive test means the hitmaker will pull out of shows in San Jose, California on October 14, Paso Robles on October 15, Los Angeles on October 16, and two dates in Mexico City on October 19 and 20. Shock: Sir Ringo Starr has cancelled his tour after testing positive for COVID-19 again - just three days after revealing he had tested negative and was getting back on the roadThis comes days after the musician took to Instagram wearing his negative test as a badge of honour, while thanking fans for their patience.  He threw one hand up in a peace sign while using the other to open his jacket and expose the home testing kit he was wearing round his neck. Sir Ringo captioned the snap: 'On the road again I will see you in Seattle on Tuesday the 11th Portland Wednesday I am negative peace and love everybody thanks for waiting.
Eamonn Holmes - Eamonn Holmes: GB News host shares health update after chronic pain surgery 'Need to heal' - express.co.uk
express.co.uk
60%
783
Eamonn Holmes: GB News host shares health update after chronic pain surgery 'Need to heal'
Eamonn Holmes has taken to Twitter to share an update on his health after he underwent "risky" surgery for his chronic pain.The GB News host, 62, told how he plans to be back on his morning show, Breakfast with Eamonn and Isabel, soon, after taking time off for his back to heal from the operation.Last week, Eamonn told how he was planning to take time out from his TV presenting responsibilities to have surgery in a bit to help his battle with chronic pain.Eamonn has bravely documented his battle with the condition over the years, including his multiple efforts to relieve the pain.After breaking the news of his operation, the star gave an insight into how long he'll need to recover after the "risky" surgery.Amid his absence on GB News, Twitter user @Nella97_ wrote: "GB News Breakfast isn't the same without Eamonn."Hope you'll be back soon, speedy recovery @EamonnHolmes and the best partnership alongside @IsabelWebster_ #GBNEWS," he added.Eamonn replied: "Thank u Nella."I'll need a week to let my back heal.x"The original poster penned: "Get well soon, coming back better and stronger," alongside a row of hearts.It comes after the former This Morning star told how he's been left "immobile" amid his ongoing battle with chronic pain.The star was every inch the proud grandad as he gushed over his granddaughter Emilia walking for the first time.The one-year-old was seen taking numerous steps before she lost her balance in a cute video adored by many of his fans.Alongside the post, he wrote: "My Granddaughter Emilia chose today to take her first steps.....
Vicky Pattison - ‘Starting to worry’ Vicky Pattison begins process of freezing her eggs after health woes - express.co.uk
express.co.uk
72%
857
‘Starting to worry’ Vicky Pattison begins process of freezing her eggs after health woes
"We can start doing that relatively soon, which was lovely news.However, the star admitted that she was left "worrying" ahead of starting the process."Because the older you get, the more complicated it can be and I was starting to worry," she added.Last year, Vicky was left stunned after being told she had a cyst on her ovary after she experienced painful periods.The star later explained that it had disappeared by itself, meaning she had luckily avoided having it removed."I knew my periods were becoming more and more painful and I just couldn't decide if it was a side effect of having the implant removed from the arm."I didn't know if it was just because I was getting older, everybody warned us they get worse when you get older," she added.Vicky went on: "I honestly just had no clue and I was so woefully ignorant which I think a lot of [us are like]."However, the star told how she was soon reassured after hearing from women who had the same health issue.Addressing the warnings from doctors Vicky said: "You know, [they say] 'this could make conceiving naturally very difficult.'"For a woman in her 30s to hear that when you know the clocks against you anyway it was just really quite traumatic."But when I put it on social media, everyone was so lovely, I had women saying to me, 'honestly, I've got like a 12 centimetre Cyst On one of mine, and I've got three lovely boys.'"So it was really comforting," the Geordie Shore star said.Vicky also spoke about the new The Pour Moi x Vicky Pattison Edit.The star said: "I spent years with my boobs falling out the top and my bum cheeks falling out the bottom of bikinis."So it's really lovely to be working with a brand that not only am I proud to wear, but that also just fits really well
Police investigating a string of assaults against juveniles in Haverford Township - fox29.com - city Philadelphia
fox29.com
90%
332
Police investigating a string of assaults against juveniles in Haverford Township
HAVERFORD TWP., Pa. - Haverford Township Police enforcing "zero tolerance policy" after a string of assaults involving teenagers happened over the weekend.Joe Walker, a parent of one of the teens assaulted, says video surfaced of a group surrounding and beating up his freshman son near the Skatium on Darby Road around 8:45 on Sunday night."It hurts me, because, ten on one is a bad situation," says Walker. "He got out of it unscathed, not hurt, but you know the what ifs, what could have happened?"Jenn Brennan, a parent to another teenager who was allegedly assaulted over the weekend, says she's ready to take back her community and stop the violence."I think the kids are afraid to come forward because of the consequences and threats that are happening, so we just feel that it’s time to take Havertown back," says Brennan.RELATED: Officials: Chaos erupts at Mayfair Wawa as large group of teens create disturbanceThe pair wanted to encourage other families to come forward about what they say is a small group of teens from Haverford High School and possibly neighboring high schools causing issues.Haverford Township Police say they are investigating these assaults next to the Wawa that was ransacked on Darby Road on Saturday."Parents and guardians should communicate with their children, knowing where they are and what they are doing," police wrote on their Twitter page. MORE HEADLINESFirst trans-focused LGBTQ plus safe haven coming to PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia shooting: Teen killed, 4 others injured in shooting after high school football scrimmageDA: Man wanted in Philadelphia home invasion, sexual assault arrested in North CarolinaDr.
Sorry, but unfortunately Pizza Hut’s ‘Italian Taco’ isn’t real - fox29.com - Usa - Italy - Los Angeles - Mexico - county Bell
fox29.com
36%
336
Sorry, but unfortunately Pizza Hut’s ‘Italian Taco’ isn’t real
LOS ANGELES - Following the news from Taco Bell that the Mexican Pizza is officially back on the menu for good, many have been left to speculate whether or not it actually is a pizza. This speculation has apparently offended the popular fast-food chain Pizza Hut as they recently took to social media to throw shade at Taco Bell. Thinking that Taco Bell was intending to out pizza the hut with the latest success of the Mexican Pizza, Pizza Hut posted a photo of someone folding a slice of pizza in the shape of a taco and calling it an "Italian Taco."The post sent pizza and taco fans into a frenzy wondering if they would have the chance to get their hands on such a creation but Pizza Hut later confirmed to multiple outlets that the whole thing was just a slice of pizza folded like a taco. Kicking Taco Bell while they were down, Pizza Hut made a jest out of the news that when Taco Bell originally brought back the Mexican Pizza earlier this year, it sold out within weeks. Pizza Hut noted that their Italian Taco was something that would never sell out. Taco Bell's Mexican pizza will return as a permanent menu item this month after the food chain severely underestimated demand in a temporary release earlier this year.The fast food chain brought back the Mexican pizza as a limited-time menu item in May, but did not purchase nearly enough supply to meet demand.
DMCA