isolate: Last News

Wimbledon Covid chaos deepens as Rafael Nadal picture emerges after two stars withdraw

Rafael Nadal after the Spaniard was pictured with the Italian after hitting with him last week in the lead-up to the tournament. The withdrawal of Berrettini, who reached the final at Wimbledon last year, was confirmed on Tuesday morning. In a statement, the Italian said: "I am heartbroken to announce that I need to withdraw from @wimbledon due to a positive COVID-19 test result.

I have had flu symptoms and been isolating the last few days. Despite symptoms not being severe, I decided it was important to take another test this morning to protect the health and safety of my fellow competitors and everyone else involved in the tournament. "I have no words to describe the extreme disappointment I feel.

The dream is over for this year, but I will be back stronger. Thank you for the support. " Berrettini is the second player to withdraw with Covid after Marin Cilic pulled out at the eleventh hour on Monday following a positive test.

JUST IN: Nick Kyrgios accuses Wimbledon crowd of 'racial slurs' as tempers flare in Paul Jubb gameAnd now there are some concerns more players could start to withdraw amid fears of a Covid outbreak. Berrettini's positive test has sparked worries for Nadal in particular, given the pair made history last week by becoming the first players to practice on Centre Court before Wimbledon. Nadal was also seen pictured posing with Berrettini for pictures after the session.

In an Instagram post, the Italian captioned the pictures: "First ever pre-tournament player practice on Centre Court at @wimbledon. @rafaelnadal always a pleasure. "AELTC said in a statement following Berrettini's withdrawal: "As a major event we have and continue to work in conjunction with the UK Public Health Security Agency and our

. testing symptoms isolate

Rafael Nadal

www.msn.comwww.msn.com

Related News

Cocaine found in coffee shipments sent to Nespresso facility - fox29.com - Usa - Switzerland - Brazil - Mexico
fox29.com
78%
913
Cocaine found in coffee shipments sent to Nespresso facility
Authorities seized more than 1,000 pounds of cocaine – valued at over $50 million – that was discovered in shipments of coffee bean bags delivered to a Nespresso plant in Switzerland. The cantonal police were called to the company's factory in Romont on Monday after employees discovered "an undetermined white substance while unloading bags of freshly delivered coffee beans."ILLICIT COVID-19 DRUGS BOUND FOR MEXICO SEIZED BY US AUTHORITIESPolice say the employees were unloading bags that had just arrived off of five shipping containers from Brazil. Officers immediately responded to the factory to analyze the powder, which turned out to be 80% pure cocaine. "The search of the five sea containers delivered on the day in question by train led to the discovery and seizure of more than 500 kg of this drug," police said. Nespresso employees in Switzerland discover cocaine while unloading coffee beans (Cantonal police) GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HEREThe market value of the drugs was estimated by police at more than 50 million Swiss francs, which is equivalent to $50.65 million. Police determined that the drug was likely intended for the European market. The drugs were isolated and "did not come into contact with any product used in production," according to police. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON FOX BUSINESSA Nespresso spokesperson told FOX Business that it reported the "suspicious substance" immediately and that the "substance in question did not come into contact with any of our products or production equipment used to make our products." The company declined to share more details while the investigation is ongoing.
DMCA