Jacob Stevens, 13, died of an apparent overdose after partaking in a TikTok challenge to consume 12 to 14 Benadryl tablets, according to his father. (McClain High School of Ohio) A 13-year-old from Ohio is dead after attempting an apparent TikTok challenge that entailed consuming 12 to 14 Benadryl tablets — more than six times the recommended dosage, according to his family.Jacob Stevens, of Greenfield, Ohio, decided to partake in the challenge with his friends earlier this month and landed in the hospital, where he ultimately became brain-dead before his parents took him off life support, said Jacob's father, Justin Stevens, on social media."We tried to tell him to stay off TikTok.
We didn't want him on TikTok. There's things on there that are good, but there's also things on there that are bad," Jacob's grandmother, Dianna Stevens, told Fox News Digital.Jacob spent six days in the hospital with no brain activity before his family decided to take him off life support.7 DANGEROUS TIKTOK CHALLENGES THAT PARENTS MUST KNOW ABOUT: ‘EXTREME AND RISKY’Jacob Stevens, 13, spent six days hospitalized with no brain activity after partaking in the "Benadryl challenge" on TikTok before his family decided to take him off life support.