Coronavirus: Last News

Joey Chestnut puts protestor in chokehold during Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest

Two protestors interrupt the Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest in which competitive eater Joey Chestnut wins his 15th title eating 63 Nathan's hot dogs at the 2022 Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest at Coney Islan NEW YORK - Joey "Jaws" Chestnut, who gobbled his way to a 15th win Monday at the Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July hot dog eating contest, was seen putting an interloper in a brief chokehold mid-event. The 37-year-old hot dog eating champion sucked down 63 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes eclipsing the event’s closest competitor, Geoffrey Esper, by 20 hot dogs. But Chestnut’s performance was briefly disrupted by an animal-rights protestor who rushed the stage as Chestnut was still chomping down on dogs. The strange disturbance only lasted a few seconds as Chestnut was seen throwing the protestor down to the floor."Only Joey Chesnut can demolish 63 Glizzies and take down a protestor at the same time. Greatest athlete who has ever lived," wrote one user on Twitter who posted a video of the incident. Monday also marked the contest's return to its traditional location outside Nathan’s flagship shop in Brooklyn’s Coney Island neighborhood.

The event was relocated in 2020 and last year because of the coronavirus pandemic."It’s beautiful to be back here" in front of a throng of spectators, Chestnut told ESPN after his feat, which the 38-year-old managed while wearing a surgical boot because of a leg injury."It hurts, but I was in the zone for a little bit. I was ignoring it," said Chestnut, but the pain eventually slowed his pace in the 10-minute competition.The Associated Press contributed to this story.

2020 Twitter Coronavirus
www.fox29.comwww.fox29.com

Related News

The Damned cancel Glastonbury 2022 set following positive COVID-19 tests - nme.com - Germany - Britain
nme.com
43%
246
The Damned cancel Glastonbury 2022 set following positive COVID-19 tests
The Damned have been forced to cancel their Glastonbury 2022 set this weekend after a number of positive COVID-19 tests were recorded in the band’s camp.The band had been due to headline the festival’s Avalon Stage on Friday (June 24) following sets from Sugababes and Nick Mulvey.The Damned previously told their fans on Saturday (June 18) that a member of the band had tested positive, forcing the cancellation of their planned gigs on Saturday and yesterday (June 20).The latest update from the band has been issued this afternoon (June 21). “Further to our previous updates, there have been more positive COVID tests in the Damned camp and consequently we’re having to withdraw from all remaining June appearances, including Bath, Glastonbury and the Die Artze show in Germany,” they wrote on Twitter.Apologies to all the fans who were looking forward to seeing The Damned, we were looking forward to seeing you all too ! Until the next time..— The Damned (@thedamned) June 21, 2022“Apologies to all the fans who were looking forward to seeing The Damned, we were looking forward to seeing you all too! Until the next time..”The Field of Avalon team have subsequently confirmed that Reef will now headline the Avalon Stage in place of The Damned.“With massive regret, The Damned have been forced to withdraw from Glastonbury due to COVID,” organisers said in a statement.
DMCA