Ruth Langsford Eamonn Holmes This Morning Ruth Langsford Eamonn Holmes

‘Struggling to walk’ GB News' Eamonn Holmes, 62, turns to ‘mystical stick’ for health woes

Reading now: 993
www.express.co.uk

This Morning presenter Eamonn Holmes has turned to a "mystical stick" to help him walk as he continues to get back to health following a tough year.The ITV host, 62, has recently shared that he's been having a "very difficult time" as he detailed his journey with chronic pain last year.In a new interview, Eamonn, who's recently moved to GB News to present his show alongside co-host Isabel Webster, told how a "mystical stick" has been helping him recover.Last year, Eamonn documented his battle against chronic pain after damaging his sciatic nerve.As a result, the husband of Ruth Langsford faced trouble walking, but has since revealed that he is determined to get up and about more in 2022.For part of his recovery, the ITV star divulged that he's had a special walking aid carved out especially for him.Eamonn explained: " [It's] not just any old stick – this is a hazel branch decorated with vines from the forest.“It’s a tribute to the tree spirits, the most powerful and wise of all spirits."The star went on to reveal that his stick contains protection provided by the "sleeping spirit".He said: "Hunters from ancient times would knock on trees before they entered the woods, to awaken the sleeping spirit for protection – and that’s where you get the sayings ‘knock on wood’ and ‘touch wood’.“Well, touch wood this gets me out and about more, and that leg of mine gets stronger and better," he continued to The Daily Star.Eamonn's admission comes days after he revealed that his sons are “embarrassed” by his walking issues.Speaking about his mobility problems, Eamonn said: "For months now I haven’t been able to walk, sometimes at all, and it has really taken its toll on everyone around me too.“I can’t bend down to pick things up so.

Read more on express.co.uk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Doug Ford - Ottawa facing ‘real risk’ of violence as trucker convoy digs in: ex-police chief - globalnews.ca - city Ottawa
globalnews.ca
58%
238
Ottawa facing ‘real risk’ of violence as trucker convoy digs in: ex-police chief
trucker convoy digs in, setting up infrastructure and heavy machinery in what Ontario Premier Doug Ford and the Ottawa police chief are both now calling an “occupation” of the city.Tensions are only expected to rise on Saturday, with police estimates of up to 1,000 counterprotesters and thousands of additional convoy supporters making for what former Ottawa police chief Charles Bordeleau called a “volatile” mix.“There’s no question the dynamics around who’s involved and the different factions and different players that are in town present a real risk and potential for increased violence,” he told Global News.“I hope it ends in a peaceful resolution where nobody gets hurt. That’s everybody’s goal.”“But there are scenarios that may have to evolve where the police will have to escalate and use force to start arresting individuals and removing vehicles that are blocking the area,” Bordeleau added.“That is a scenario that presents some significant risks and consequences that people need to be able to really willingly accept.” Ottawa police vow ‘surge and contain’ response to trucker convoy ‘occupation’ All eyes are on Ottawa’s current police chief, Peter Sloly, as the demonstrations enter their ninth day.Ottawa police services board chair Diane Deans called a special meeting of the board for 4:30 p.m.
DMCA