India city Mumbai city Delhi stars Action India city Mumbai city Delhi

Sony Pictures delays ‘Major’ due to covid

Reading now: 448
www.livemint.com

Major, a biographical action film directed by Sashi Kiran Tikka, based on the life of 2008 Mumbai attacks martyr Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, that was due for release on 11 February.

It has been co-produced by Telugu actor Mahesh Babu and shot simultaneously in Telugu and Hindi and later dubbed into Malayalam.

The film stars Adivi Sesh in the lead role. “Major is a film made for India and we will release it only when the situation improves across the country," the firm said in a statement.

Read more on livemint.com
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Dancing On Ice's Alex Murphy speaks out on health scare after noticing lump on breast - express.co.uk - Usa
express.co.uk
58%
470
Dancing On Ice's Alex Murphy speaks out on health scare after noticing lump on breast
Dancing On Ice's Alex Murphy, 32, once suffered a cancer scare after noticing she had a lump on her breast.The professional skater opened up on the terrifying experience today during an Instagram Q&A on her Stories.Alex was asked by a fan what health scare she suffered and she took the opportunity to reply in a lengthy post.She penned: "Everything is all good now."I found a lump on my boob, was referred to a specialist, and I had to have a series of mammograms, ultrasounds and biopsies."It came back benign so I'm in the clear.“I’ve been referred for some generic counselling because of my family history, so hopefully that will all come back clear as well.“I shared it on Facebook only because I was getting so much [faeces emoji] about how my content had stopped and how Paul and I had ‘definitely split up’ etc.” (sic)She went on: "It was horrible, but I think we're through the worst of it now.“I’m recovering from the biopsy fine, and I'm just mentally tired but I'm more than OK."In view of her 192,000 followers, Alex urged other women to perform self-breast exams.She concluded: “So ladies if you actually read to the end of this… check your boobs.”Alex became the winner of Dancing on Ice 2020 alongside Joe Swash after replacing Alex Schauman.She gained notoriety thanks to her performances on Dancing On Ice and her own YouTube series Celebs Go Skating.The American skater previously confessed she would also “love” to compete in Strictly Come Dancing.Alex admitted she is already “ahead of the game” with her extensive dance experience after years of performing on ice.In an interview with Express.co.uk last year, Alex said: “I’d love to do Strictly because I'm so competitive.
Chris Whitty - Next Covid variant could be worse than infectious Omicron, Chris Whitty warns - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
91%
846
Next Covid variant could be worse than infectious Omicron, Chris Whitty warns
Boris johnson today (February 21) said that the response to the pandemic would be "vaccine led" as he announced that all lockdown restrictions will be ending by Thursday. Speaking after he announced all remaining Covid restrictions will be axed, the PM said there "may be significant resurgences" and "it's very possible that those will be worse than Omicron".Whitty said at a Downing Street press conference that new strains were to be expected and while some "will just disappear" others could escape vaccines and result in a fresh wave in hospitalisations.Prof Whitty said: “Some of those new variants will just disappear, but some of them will cause us significant problems and they could be either more vaccine escaping but as severe as Omicron, but the net effect would be actually more people end up in hospital because a lot of our protection is from vaccination, or it could be more intrinsically severe, because Omicron came from a much earlier variant.”He added we “could certainly end up with something which is more likely to lead to hospitalisations than Omicron”, adding that winters are expected to be “tricky” even in the absence of significant new variants due to the combination of Covid, flu and other respiratory problems.The Chief Medical Officer also urged Brits who test positive for Covid to self-isolate, even though they will no longer be forced to do so under law.“As we look at the next weeks, we still have high rates of Omicron and I would urge people in terms of public health advice, and this is very much the Government’s position, that people should still if they have Covid try to prevent other people getting it and that means self-isolating," he said.
Education Department erases $415M in student loan debt for 16,000 borrowers - fox29.com - state Illinois - state Minnesota
fox29.com
52%
928
Education Department erases $415M in student loan debt for 16,000 borrowers
announced this week it will cancel $415 million in federal student loans by nearly 16,000 borrowers allegedly misled by for-profit colleges.The borrowers, who attended DeVry University, ITT Technical Institute, Westwood College and the Minnesota School of Business/Globe University, will receive the relief through a legal provision known as borrower defense, which allows individuals to discharge some or all of their student loan debt if their school misled them or otherwise engaged in other misconduct. "The department remains committed to giving borrowers discharges when the evidence shows their college violated the law and standards," Education Secretary Miguel Cardona said in a statement Wednesday.The department found that between 2008 and 2015, DeVry University, a for-profit university headquartered in Illinois, repeatedly misled students by claiming that 90% of its graduates actively seeking employment landed a job in their field of study within six months of graduation. The job placement level was actually closer to 58%, according to the department.The department has so far identified about 1,800 borrowers who will be eligible for more than $71 million in discharges because they "relied upon DeVry's misrepresentation in deciding to enroll." The number of borrowers who qualify for discharge is expected to grow as the department continues to review outstanding claims from former students.
Josh Shapiro - Ghost guns are a growing concern in Philadelphia as gun violence rises, AG says - fox29.com - state Pennsylvania - city Philadelphia
fox29.com
94%
447
Ghost guns are a growing concern in Philadelphia as gun violence rises, AG says
PHILADELPHIA - The spike in gun violence during the pandemic has unnerved residents, elected officials and community leaders alike, but the concern is growing over firearms described as ghosts."Ghost guns are essentially a firearm that comes in two separate parts with a couple of screws to drill the gun together and you have a firearm in just a few minutes," Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro told FOX 29.Shapiro is concerned about the growing threat because ghost guns are untraceable and sold online in kits that do not require a criminal background check to purchase.For him, the main point of the issue is that people with criminal backgrounds, who cannot own a gun legally, can obtain one this way. Ghost guns do not have serial numbers etched on them that provide the gun's make, model and history.Critics argue ghost guns flow in the underground stream of crime guns and vanish when subjected to the tracking and tracing investigators use to combat gun crime."Typically, people are buying them at gun shows by the duffle bags, taking them back to a facility, putting them together and selling them on the streets," Shapiro said.The numbers show a startling rise in ghost guns, also referred to as privately made firearms.MORE LOCAL HEADLINESThe Philadelphia Police Department reported recovering 95 ghost guns in 2019 and 250 in 2020.
Call the Midwife star shares 'overwhelming' health battle after epic BBC series finale - dailystar.co.uk - Britain
dailystar.co.uk
79%
127
Call the Midwife star shares 'overwhelming' health battle after epic BBC series finale
BBC One series finale.On Saturday (19 February), viewers were glued to their screens as they tuned in for the final episode the popular period drama after 11 series on air.But after watching the nail-biting episode, the 37-year-old opened up about her own complications during her second pregnancy after watching her difficult illness featured on the show.The mum-of-two – who has played the role of Nurse Trixie Franklin since 2012 – took a break from the show this year as she prepared to welcome her little one to her growing family.She happily announced the birth of her second daughter during the countdown to Christmas last year, but it’s fair to say her birth was less than perfect.And after watching the emotional episode over the weekend, the blonde bombshell has decided to share her own personal experience with Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (ICP).The NHS defines the illness as a liver disorder caused by bile acids, which help the gut to digest food, and prevent the flow of food properly.The rare illness affects one in 140 pregnant women in the UK with his main symptom being itching without a rash which requires urgent medical attention.In a lengthy Instagram post, Helen explained how the disorder affected her second pregnancy with her 221,000 followers online.She wrote: "After last night’s final episode of Call the Midwife, it seemed the right time to talk about my experience with Cholestasis in Pregnancy."In 2017 when I gave birth to our daughter Wren, I was diagnosed with this condition."I knew there was a high chance that I would suffer again with my second pregnancy, but I was under the most incredible specialists/doctors/midwives/health worker at Guys and St Thomas’s.
Will real estate housing market crash or cool off in 2022? Experts give their 2 cents - fox29.com - Usa - Los Angeles - city Atlanta - Georgia
fox29.com
73%
745
Will real estate housing market crash or cool off in 2022? Experts give their 2 cents
LOS ANGELES - It feels like a never-ending uphill battle for many homebuyers across the United States. "My experience with looking for a house has been frustrating," one Georgia resident told FOX Television Stations Group. "I have been texting my agent day and night to squeeze in a showing only for the house to go before I could even go see it." The woman, who desires a home in Atlanta, revealed, not too long ago, she put in an offer on a house above the asking price only to discover the seller went with someone else's offer who paid $200,000 over the asking price with no contingencies. "At this point, instead of being able to take my time to find a house that I truly like, I have resorted to finding one that is good enough because that’s all I can afford," she added.But this is only the tip of the iceberg for first-time homebuyers and likely not the first story you’ve heard, especially lately: tight inventory, multiple offers on rundown properties, houses selling for well over the asking price (sometimes by hundreds of thousands of dollars) and home renovations taking substantially longer than predicted due to low supply on flooring, cabinets, and, well, literally everything. "COVID has flipped our life upside-down, disturbed many aspects of everyday life, but the housing market [had] exceptional performance," Lawrence Yun, chief economist of the National Association of Realtors (NAR), told FOX Television Stations.
Steve Bell - Ottawa police say nearly 400 charges laid in operation to clear convoy blockade - globalnews.ca - county Ontario - city Ottawa - city Ontario
globalnews.ca
62%
518
Ottawa police say nearly 400 charges laid in operation to clear convoy blockade
Ottawa for the first time in more than three weeks on Sunday as police continued their efforts to put a final end to anti-government demonstrations that immobilized the national capital.Roadways once choked with trucks and protesters opposed to COVID-19 public health measures and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government were largely clear, though debris and other signs of the blockade dubbed an illegal occupation by its critics were still in evidence.Ottawa Police, working in tandem with forces from across the country, said they’d arrested 191 people and laid 391 charges related to the demonstrations, though Ottawa Interim Police Chief Steve Bell said the mammoth law enforcement operation was far from over.“There is another phase that will identify how we maintain the streets, how we eventually demobilize, once we’ve identified that there is no threat of further protests coming to our city,” Bell said at a news conference. “We aren’t there yet.” Ottawa’s convoy occupation mostly clear, but police ‘not done’ with operation yet Bell said charges laid to date include obstructing police, disobeying a court order, assault, mischief, possessing a weapon and assaulting a police officer.Law enforcement is “with every hour” getting closer to delivering on its promise to clear streets and give them back to residents, he added.Chris Harkins, deputy commissioner with the Ontario Provincial Police, said commercial and private vehicle driver’s licenses have been suspended, while 76 vehicles have been seized and towed in Ottawa.But the massive enforcement blitz also drew attention from Ontario’s police watchdog on Sunday.
DMCA