Brian Bowman covid-19 Citi Immunic Brian Bowman

Shortage of staff due to COVID-19 affecting Winnipeg Transit, fire paramedic services, says mayor

Reading now: 994
globalnews.ca

Winnipeg’s mayor says that the city of Winnipeg is facing staffing challenges due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases, including transit and the city’s fire paramedic services.Mayor Brian Bowman and head of the Emergency Services Unit, Jason Shaw, made the announcement Thursday.“We are not immune to the service effects with COVID-19,” said Bowman, adding the city has been able to handle staffing challenges over the past few weeks so far.Shaw said there are currently 351 active cases of COVID-19 among city staff, including 76 in transit and 85 in the fire paramedic services.“Winnipeg transit is using spare operators,” said Shaw, but said that transit has had to cancel some routes.

People should check daily to see if their route is running.”Fire paramedic services are being redeployed, said Shaw, and so far has not impacted response times.“Operational planning and decisions are being made in consultation with our medical director and shared health,” he said.“We continue to get updates from provincial health officials.

In terms of Winnipeg … we’ve had 50,018 (cases) of COVID,” said Bowman. “Sadly, we’ve lost 868 Winnipeggers to date.”“I want to just begin by commending those who have gone and got their vaccine,” he said.“People who are not fully vaccinated are 2 times more likely to be diagnosed with COVID-19, 14 times more likely to end up in hospital, 39 times more likely to be admitted to an intensive care unit, and 36 times more likely to die.“The evidence is crystal clear.

Read more on globalnews.ca
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

North Port man meets child online, blackmails him into performing ‘heinous’ sexual acts, police say - fox29.com - state California
fox29.com
37%
135
North Port man meets child online, blackmails him into performing ‘heinous’ sexual acts, police say
Courtesy: North Port Police Department NORTH PORT, Fla. - North Port police arrested a man who they say pretended to be a teenage girl online and enticed his victim to take a nude photo – then blackmailed the child into performing disturbing sex acts by threatening to post his photo online.According to the North Port Police Department, 45-year-old Patrick Shane Penczak is facing seven felony charges involving crimes against children including lewd and lascivious battery on a child, allowing a child to engage in sexual activity, directly promoting a child to engage in sexual performance, viewing a child in the performance of sexual performance, using a computer to lure and seduce a child, and others.Investigators said Penczak pretended to be a teenage girl from California on the online chat system Discord, and convinced a young boy to send a nude photo of himself in exchange for gift cards. The victim redeemed the gift cards on Roblox, an online gaming platform, and sent a nude photo to Penczak, believing the user to be a female around his age.RELATED: Sexually-explicit deep fakes, revenge porn could become felonies in FloridaBut once he sent the photo, the victim said the suspect threatened to post his photo online if he didn't do what "she" wanted.Over the course of a year, the victim said he felt forced to log onto the online chat system and live stream disturbing sex acts, fearing that the suspect would expose his photo online if he refused to comply.