Britain Scotland death testing Government Britain Scotland

Scottish Government confirms three deaths and 7,561 new Covid cases in last 24 hours

Reading now: 983
www.dailyrecord.co.uk

The Scottish Government has confirmed that three people have died from covid in the last 24 hours.The latest figures for Scotland showed that 7,561 further cases of the virus have been identified.It brings the death toll since last March, of people who first tested positive for the virus within the previous 28 days, to 9,908.There are currently 1,382 people in hospital confirmed to have covid with 55 being treated in intensive care.The total number of positive cases recorded in Scotland since the pandemic started stands at 1,032,624.To date, 4,391,558 people have received their first dose of a Covid-19 vaccination with 4,045,667 having a second jab and 3,101,096 receiving a third dose or booster.The latest figures come as Nicola Sturgeon criticised the UK Government over reports that free lateral flow tests will end.Under plans reportedly being weighed up by Whitehall officials, the tests could soon only be available in "high-risk" settings such as care homes, hospitals and schools.A Whitehall source told the Sunday Times: “I don’t think we are in a world where we can continue to hand out free lateral flow tests to everybody forevermore."It’s likely we will move to a scenario where there is less testing but where we have a capacity to ramp it up if necessary, such as in the winter.”The First Minister said the Scottish Government would consider funding lateral flow tests for the public if Tory ministers halted the scheme at a UK level.She claimed in a Tweet that such a move would be “utterly wrongheaded” in the fight against coronavirus.Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond.

Read more on dailyrecord.co.uk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Novak Djokovic breaks science on 'misinformation' surrounding positive Covid test - express.co.uk - Australia - Serbia
express.co.uk
85%
761
Novak Djokovic breaks science on 'misinformation' surrounding positive Covid test
Novak Djokovic, 34, has had quite the week after he faced deportation by Australian authorities when his visa was cancelled ahead of the Australian Open tournament, where he hoped to defend his title.Since then, rumours of him breaching isolation rules before his arrival in Oz have surfaced, and the World No.1 felt he needed to address them for fear of the backlash "hurting" his family.In a statement posted to Instagram in the early hours of Wednesday morning, the Serbian tennis star, who is unvaccinated, said the "misinformation needs to be corrected", after it came out he and his team had made a "false declaration" on his travel form prior to entering Australia.The statement read: "I want to address the contouring misinformation about my activities and attendance at events in December and the lead up to my positive PCR Covid test result."This is misinformation which needs to be corrected, particularly in the interest of alleviating broader concerns in the community about my presence in Australia and to address matters which are very hurtful and concerning to my family.A post shared by Novak Djokovic (@djokernole)"I want to emphasise that I have tried very hard to ensure the safety of everyone and my compliance with testing obligations."He revealed that he attended a basket-ball game in Belgrade, Serbia, on 14 December, after which it was reported that a number of people had tested positive for the virus.While he had no symptoms himself, he took a rapid antigen test on 16 December that came back negative but also took a PCR test the same day in an "abundance of caution"."The next day I attended a tennis event in Belgrade to present awards to children and took another rapid antigen test before going to the event, and it
People’s Bank removed from China Embassy blacklist - newsfirst.lk - China - Sri Lanka
newsfirst.lk
44%
134
People’s Bank removed from China Embassy blacklist
COLOMBO (News 1st); Sri Lanka’s People’s Bank has been removed from the blacklist of the Economic and Commercial Office of the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka, it was confirmed on Tuesday (11).On the 9th of January 2022; The People’s Bank of Sri Lanka has informed the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka of its request to be taken off the blacklist by the Embassy’s Economic and Commercial Office over the Chinese Fertilizer shipment that was rejected by Sri Lanka, after pathogens were detected in samples twice.This is after People’s Bank honoured the Letter of Credit obligation of USD 6.9 Mn to China’s Qingdao Seawin Biotech Group.The People’s Bank of Sri Lanka announced that a sum of USD 6.9 Million was paid to Qingdao Seawin Biotech Group Co., Ltd, on Friday (7) as per the Letter of Credit opened for the purchase of organic fertilizer.This announcement came days after the Colombo Commercial High Court dissolved an order preventing the payment to a Chinese company for imported fertilizer.The order was dissolved on the basis that the Chinese company and the Sri Lankan Government had reached a settlement on the issue.The People’s Bank of Sri Lanka was then blacklisted by the Economic and Commercial Office of the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka for failing to make the payment according to the Letter of Credit and the contracts between the two parties.