Johnston Fernando Podujana Peramuna Sri Lanka Government crisis Party Johnston Fernando Podujana Peramuna Sri Lanka

Ruling Party MP Amarakeerthi Athukorala Killed In Clashes; Several properties vandalized

Reading now: 632
www.newsfirst.lk

COLOMBO (News 1st); A ruling party Member of Parliament was killed and property owned by many other Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna politicians were attacked following the violent attacks on peaceful protestors in Colombo’s GotaGoGama and MynaGoGama protests sites on Monday (9).Following the attacks on the two main protest sites, SLPP Polonnaruwa District MP Amarakeerthi Athukorala’s vehicle was mobbed by a group when it reached Nittambuwa on Monday (9) afternoon.Following an altercation, shots were fired, and the MP died.Moreover, a 27-year-old male also died in the shooting, said the Director of the Wathupitiwala Hospital.Property Attacked :The offices of Former Minister Johnston Fernando located in Kurunegala and Lillie Street, Colombo was attacked by angry crowds on Monday (9) afternoon.In addition, a taverns owned by Johnston Fernando was also set on fire.The Negombo residence of the Former Minister Nimal Lanza was also attacked on Monday (9) afternoon.The Moratuwa residence of Moratuwa Mayor Saman Lal Fernando was set on fire.Ruling party Trade Leader Mahinda Kahandagamage’s residence in Vauxhall Street, Colombo was also attacked.

He was seen leading the charge on MynaGoGama and GotaGoGama protest sites earlier in the day.The residence of Walallawita Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman Udeni Athukorala was also attacked by an angry crowd.Meanwhile, the residence of SLPP MP Sanath Nishantha was also set on fire.Moreover, the Mathugama residence of SLPP MP Anupa Pasqual was attacked on Monday (9) afternoon.In addition, Ratnapura District SLPP politico Akila Saliya Ellawala’s residence in Balangoda was vandalized.Violence :A normal Monday morning turned into a scene of chaos after pro-government supporters attacked the MynaGoGama.

Read more on newsfirst.lk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Eurovision's tragedies - fatal plane crash, Covid complications and sudden death - dailystar.co.uk - Russia - city Moscow - Hungary - Syria
dailystar.co.uk
67%
515
Eurovision's tragedies - fatal plane crash, Covid complications and sudden death
Eurovision, the world’s biggest singing competition, is usually a happy affair and a chance to unify Europe with song and dance.However, after 66 years some of the show’s most iconic participants have passed and their legacy lives on.From the Alexandrov Ensemble Choir who led the halftime show to Michael Julien who paved the way to victory in 1969, some of Eurovision’s most recognisable faces still continue to make an impact on the show’s legacy to this day.Daily Star has trawled through the archives to bring you everything you need to know about the competition's tragedies.One of the biggest tragedies involved in Eurovision was the loss of 64 members of the Alexandrov Ensemble Choir.In the early hours of Christmas Day 2016, a Russian Defence Ministry plane went down whilst flying to Syria.Off the coast of Sochi, the crash had no survivors and 93 people were lost whilst travelling for a Christmas celebration with troops at a military base.The group, who sadly lost their lives on 25 December, had performed Not Gonna Get Us with t.A.T.u during the song contest’s interval in 2009 when the event was hosted in Moscow.The choir is the official choir of the Russian armed forces and one of just two choir groups that have the title of Red Army Choir.Örs Siklósi, the lead singer of AWS, performed with the band for Hungary during the show’s 2018 run.He died aged just 29 years old after a battle with leukaemia and his fellow bandmates released a statement upon his premature death.They said that their loss was “indescribable'' and explained: “In June, Örs was diagnosed with leukaemia.
Arby’s manager admits to urinating ‘at least twice’ in milkshake mix, police say - fox29.com - state Washington
fox29.com
53%
898
Arby’s manager admits to urinating ‘at least twice’ in milkshake mix, police say
Arby's fast food restaurant. (Photo by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images) VANCOUVER, Wash. - An Arby’s manager in Vancouver, Washington, admitted to police that he urinated twice in the restaurant's milkshake mix, and now police want to get in touch with customers. Police said their Digital Evidence Cybercrime Unit began an investigation into Stephen Sharp over possible possession and dealing dozens of photos and videos depicting the sexual exploitation of children. At least one child exploitation imagery was downloaded to one account near Arby’s at 221 NE 104th Ave, Vancouver, WA, police added. Authorities then got in contact with Sharp on May 10 and said Sharp confessed to downloading and distributing child pornography and having a sexual interest in children. RELATED: Ex-nurse RaDonda Vaught sentenced to probation in patient medication deathHe also told them he was a night manager at the Arby’s. A search warrant was then executed on Sharp’s digital devices, and police found a video of Sharp urinating into a container that was a milkshake mix from Arby’s.Police said Sharp then confessed to detectives that he urinated at least twice in the milkshake mixture for sexual gratification. According to the Columbian citing court records, Sharp told investigators that if he didn’t throw the bag away, it would have been added to another mix by the next shift and served to people.RELATED: 'If I can save one or two lives that’s good enough for me:' Former gang member works to deter crime in TacomaOfficers are asking for any customers that purchased a milkshake from the Arby’s at 221 NE 104 Ave, Vancouver WA on Oct.
UK Eurovision entrants now - £21m net worth, BGT affair, career U-turn and health scare - dailystar.co.uk - Spain - Britain - Australia
dailystar.co.uk
51%
456
UK Eurovision entrants now - £21m net worth, BGT affair, career U-turn and health scare
Eurovision Song Contest - but have you ever wondered what happened to some of the contestants after the shows aired?Some contestants have risen to new levels of fame in soaps including EastEnders, while others have stepped away from music all-together and embarked on completely different careers.While we may all remember some of the biggest winners on the night, including Bucks Fizz and Katrina And The Waves, many famous faces have also represented the UK in decades gone by.Ahead of the Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday May 14, 2022, Daily Star takes a look at where some of the previous UK Eurovision contestants are now.Pop icon and British treasure Cliff Richard OBE has entered Eurovision, not once, but twice - narrowly missing out on winning the 1968 Song Contest by just one point.His classic song Congratulations was pipped to the post by Spain's La La La by Massiel, but five years later, Cliff returned with Power To All Our Friends - finishing third in the Eurovision Song Contest 1973.One of Eurovision's most successful entrants and biggest songwriters of all time, Cliff has released iconic hits including Move It, The Young Ones and Devil Woman, as well as becoming known as the King of Christmas - landing over five Christmas number ones in total including Mistletoe and Wine - so it is no surprise that he has an estimated net worth of over £70million.Although Cliff has never married or had children, it is reported that he dated Australian dancer Delia Wicks and tennis star Sue Barker in the past.Now 81 years old, he recently embarked on an 80th birthday tour, and was awarded an Order Of The British Empire (OBE in 1995), with the Cliff Richard News Twitter feed recently reporting that the star will be taking to an
Mahinda Rajapaksa - Temple Trees - Johnston Fernando - Wimal & Co. oppose Ranil’s appointment, If Mahinda Rajapaksa stepped down earlier violence could have been prevented - newsfirst.lk
newsfirst.lk
51%
894
Wimal & Co. oppose Ranil’s appointment, If Mahinda Rajapaksa stepped down earlier violence could have been prevented
COLOMBO (News 1st); Leader of the National Freedom Front Wimal Weerawansa said that the Independent Parliamentarians have no faith that the appointment of Ranil Wickremesinghe to the post of Prime Minister will bring about stability.“Ranil Wickremesinghe is also responsible for this crisis. During his 4 year administration USD 12 Bn worth of loans were obtained at premium interest rates,” he added.If then-Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has stepped down weeks ago, he would not be forced to go into hiding, said Wimal Weerawansa, the Leader of the National Freedom Front.“Had he stepped down before, his loyalists would not have been victims of violence,’ he said adding that individuals like Johnston Fernando, Rohitha Abeygunawardena, Sanath Nishantha did not allow Rajapaksa to step down in a peaceful manner.“We called for him to step down, because we knew that this situation would occur,” he noting that, the former Prime Minister did not understand their concerns.He went on to note that PM Rajapaksa refused to step down and the crisis continued, leading to a the most horrible decision that they could make, which was to amass crowds at Temple Trees and incite them to attack peaceful protestors in Galle Face.Weerawansa said the Independent Parliamentarians held discussions with almost all political parties to form a new interim government, however unfortunately, none of those parties responded in the positive.
DMCA