Department Provident

Public Sector Work From Home circular issued

Reading now: 744
www.newsfirst.lk

COLOMBO (News 1st); The Ministry of Public Administration and Home Affairs on Friday (17) issued a circular on the proposed work from home program for the Public Sector.Accordingly, the Ministry has decided to limit the number of employee requested to be at work from Monday (20).The Secretaries to the Ministries, and Department / Institution Heads have been vested with the power to decide on calling in a minimum number of staff to ensure that public services are provided uninterrupted.In addition, they are also given the power to assign any public servant to a Ministry, Department, or institution locate close to his/her residence.When employees are summoned to work, they must be summoned on a shift / roster basis.If a public sector employee fails to turn up for the shift / roster that is prepared by the authority of the public institution, one personal holiday will be terminated from the said employee.All public sector employees are requested be available to work online, even if a roster is implemented for the functioning of public institutions..

Read more on newsfirst.lk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Roger Goodell - House committee plans to issue subpoena for Dan Snyder in Washington Commanders investigation - fox29.com - city Washington
fox29.com
69%
716
House committee plans to issue subpoena for Dan Snyder in Washington Commanders investigation
WASHINGTON - A House committee plans on issuing a subpoena for Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder to appear as the investigation into the team’s alleged hostile workplace environment continues.House committee chairwoman Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., made the announcement Wednesday during the House Committee on Oversight and Reform hearing as National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell testified remotely.Download the FOX 5 DC News App for Local Breaking News and WeatherSnyder declined an invitation by the committee to testify Wednesday.Ahead of the hearing, a House committee released a memo they say details findings of Snyder’s role in creating a hostile workplace environment and his efforts to sabotage an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment and abuse.  In the 29-page memo, the committee says Snyder launched a shadow investigation to influence the NFL’s internal investigation into the team’s workplace misconduct.SUBSCRIBE TO FOX 5 DC ON YOUTUBEAccording to the memo, private investigators were hired in an attempt to intimidate witnesses and used an overseas lawsuit as a pretext to obtain their phone records and emails.According to a statement, a spokesman for Snyder described the report and the hearing as "a politically charged show trial" and said Congress should not be investigating "an issue a football team addressed years ago."Last year, the NFL fined the Commanders $10 million and Snyder stepped away from his handling of day-to-day operations following an investigation of the team.The league did not release a written report on the investigation’s findings.
EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt quits alcohol and loses three stone amid health issue - express.co.uk
express.co.uk
89%
919
EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt quits alcohol and loses three stone amid health issue
EastEnders and most recently took part in I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! The actor has revealed in a new interview that he was told by doctors he needed to give up drinking after he suffered a stomach issue, which pushed him to shed an incredible three stone.Adam admitted in his interview that due to his drinking habits his "liver was taking a hammering", leading doctors to give him a stern warning.He said: "I went into hospital with a stomach issue and they pointed out my liver was probably taking a bit of a hammering."They said, 'Look, give your liver a rest for six weeks, we’ll do some tests'.Then Covid happened and six weeks became 12 weeks."And I thought, 'Do you know what — I’ve cracked this, I don’t miss it, I'm better off without it'."He continued: "With giving up alcohol, the weight drops off and because the weight drops off it was earlier to cycle, so it was easier to stay fit", Adam told The Sun.The former EastEnders star did however admit that this doesn't mean he will be giving up booze forever, but at the moment he is "quite happy not drinking".Recently, Adam slammed EastEnders bosses for turning Ian Beale into a "sociopath" on the show.He claimed that due to this, his character had become "very unpopular" due to his "rude" ways.Adam joined the soap in 1985 and quit in January last year.Ian hit rock bottom on the soap in 2020 when he split from his long-term wife Jane, played by Laurie Brett.Speaking to Kate Thornton on her podcast White Wine Question Time, Adam admitted: "The character evolved. If you think back in the 80s, he was a spotty, teenage kid."He was getting bullied at school, his dad wanted him to do boxing."It's been a very, very long journey.
Shirley Ballas - Strictly judge Shirley Ballas, 61, bids 'difficult farewell' as she issues health update - express.co.uk - city London
express.co.uk
68%
689
Strictly judge Shirley Ballas, 61, bids 'difficult farewell' as she issues health update
Shirley Ballas, 61, has bid a “difficult” farewell to Jason Vale, who also goes by ‘The Juice Master’, after he helped her work through her “health situation”.The Strictly Come Dancing judge gave fans an update on her health on her Instagram story today.  Shirley took to Instagram to share her experience at the Juice Master Retreats in view of her 235,000 followers. “Saying goodbye to this beautiful soul was difficult,” she captioned a picture of herself and Jason smiling as they posed with pretend Strictly judging paddles. “But I feel he’s helped my health situation 100 percent."She then went on to express her “huge gratitude” for Jason and Juice Master Retreats. Juice Master Retreats are Jason’s yoga and fitness retreats, helping guests to relax, recharge and rejuvenate over seven days. Jason is a best-selling author of 16 books on health, addiction and the health practice of juicing.Earlier on, Shirley shared a video to her Instagram story, where she gushed about what a wonderful week she had experienced at the retreat.“So, seven days completed here at the Juicy Oasis with Jason Vale,” she said.“I have to say goodbye now - beautiful view. “Wish I was staying another week but, hey ho,” she continued. “Feeling great - what an experience!”She also shared a clip of herself and Jason dancing with the rest of the group at the retreat with the caption: “What a week Jason Vale you have those moves.” (sic)Shirley’s news that her health situation is much improved comes after her announcement earlier this year that she had to go to the doctors about her shoulder following a cancer scare.In February, she took to social media to reveal that she had to take a day off from the Strictly tour to visit a hospital in London. Last year,
Naga Munchetty reacts to BBC co-star's health update leading to unexpected work absence - express.co.uk
express.co.uk
92%
312
Naga Munchetty reacts to BBC co-star's health update leading to unexpected work absence
Naga Munchetty, 47, has taken to social media to react to her BBC colleague Sally Bundock's latest health update.Sally has been absent from BBC News for some time after a knee operation, with her spending the last six weeks recovering.Sally has been posting weekly updates to Twitter sharing the progress as she recovers from her knee operation to repair her ACL, MCL and meniscus.She took to Twitter in view of her 40,600 followers to post a picture of her leg along with a heartfelt update confirming her proposed return to work date.The BBC presenter penned: "Recovery: week 6 almost done."I'm seeing the consultant tomorrow and hoping I can downgrade from this strict knee brace and return to work on Monday #fingerscrossed."Many social media users took to the posts comments, including Naga who celebrated the good news with the presenter.Naga wrote: "OOH - Fingers crossed Sal xx."Sally's replacement, Victoria Fritz, also commented: "You have been missed Sally! Xx."To which Sally replied: "Thank you and thank you for doing such a marvelous job #liveatfive.So many early mornings."Naga's heartfelt comments come after the presenter took to her BBC Radio 5 Live yesterday to plead with listeners.The BBC Breakfast presenter was discussing the theme of lending and borrowing on the show, and decided to share one of her own anecdotes.She said: "I have a boxset of the West Wing - which is an amazing series."And I leant out series one, and I’ve never had it back."I have haunted all my friends, asking them - accusing them, basically - of having it."And no one's admitted to it, so I ended up having to buy the series one DVD, which doesn’t match in the box set."She added: "It bothers me no end, because I like things very neat and tidy."So,
Alison Hammond - Gogglebox's Shaun Ryder issues health update after taking 'more pills than in 1988' - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
66%
733
Gogglebox's Shaun Ryder issues health update after taking 'more pills than in 1988'
Shaun Ryder has revealed he is on more pills now than he was during his party days.Shaun exclusively shared a health update with the Daily Star and shared the effects of his insufficient thyroid.The singer said: "It's because I don't have a thyroid, mine was underactive which makes you fat and bald but once that goes then everything starts to grate down and you have to take lots of tablets."And I don't produce testosterone now so I'm on more pills now than I was in 1988."The Celebrity Gogglebox star also opened up about why he can't stand This Morning's Alison Hammond.Shaun reckons he "detests" Alison and has done since first clashing with her on ITV's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!Earlier this year, Shaun and Allison also allegedly erupted behind the scenes of Dancing On Ice.The pair were both sitting in the audience supporting their pals on the show when they butted heads.When asked if they've spoken since then, Shaun exclusively told us: "No, no, she doesn't like me and I detest her that's allowed we don't like each other."You know when two people just clash, she was in the jungle with me 12 years ago and you know when two people meet and you instantly know you just don't get on, and we don't, but we can't all get on."But would Shaun compete in the ITV skating show?He replied: "Noway, Dancing On Ice is too dangerous, I cant do that I've got two f***ing false hips." Shaun, 59, also opened up about his thoughts on the royals, in particular Prince Harry and The Duchess of Sussex.
DMCA