Sri Lanka province Western president information Action Sri Lanka province Western

Police handling of Rs. 17Mn found at President’s house, undisciplined

Reading now: 551

COLOMBO (News 1st): The Police informed court today that the entire process which took place with regard to the sum of Rs. 17 million found at the President's residence on July 9th, up to the point of the sum being handed over to the Court, was undisciplined.The Director of Police Special Investigation Unit, SSP D.S.

Wickramasinghe informed the Fort Magistrate Court that he has informed the Inspector General of Police to take disciplinary action against all the officers involved in the incident.SSP Wickramasinghe also informed the court that investigations revealed that Western Province Senior DIG Deshabandu Tennakoon had informed the Fort Police Station Commander through a phone call to hand over the sum of money to Public Security Minister Tiran Alles the next day.Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage ordered for the Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka and two telephone companies to provide the director of the Police Investigation Unit with the audio tapes and real-time conversations related to the phone call allegedly made to hand over the money.Meanwhile, the records of the notes kept by the Fort Police Station Commander regarding the telephone call given by the Western Province Senior DIG Deshbandu Tennakoon were also submitted to the court today.The Director of the Special Investigation Unit said that the Inspector General of Police submitted a report regarding the actions taken by the police officers from the time the money was handed over by the protestors, until it was handed over to the court.  .

The website is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Safety concerns mount as Temple University welcomes students back to campus -
Safety concerns mount as Temple University welcomes students back to campus
PHILADELPHIA - As Temple University welcomes students back to campus ahead of the Fall semester, Philadelphia's gun violence crisis continues to spiral out of control leading to safety concerns. According to the latest data from the Philadelphia Police Department, there have been more than 340 homicides in the city this year. That number is outpacing 2021's historically tragic 562 murders by 2%, according to the data.Campus safety has always been a hot-button issue at Temple University, especially after the shooting death of Sam Collington in a botched robbery last fall. Temple University held a virtual forum on gun violence following the shooting death of 21-year-old student Sam Collington. Shaynah Ferreira has more on Good Day Philadelphia.To help quell the safety concerns of students and parents, Temple hired a Vice President of Public Safety and beefed up security measures. Stacey Achen, who dropped off her Alec on Tuesday, told FOX 29's Jennifer Joyce that she was hesitant to send her child to the school but was reassured after a campus visit. "I didn’t want him coming here, I was very concerned, but once we did a campus visit realized security is really tight, that was very reassuring," Achen said. MORE LOCAL HEADLINESTemple's police force last winter openly admitted that it was understaffed, operating at 60% normal capacity plus abnormal overtime shifts. The university responded by making more hires and upping patrols around campus as part of its safety enhancements shared by the school in March."It’s kind of a stigma around safety around here, but whenever I’ve been here it’s been safe never had any issues with it," Donnie Robson, a Temple freshman, said. Fall semester classes will start at Temple on Aug.