Philadelphia county Logan city Philadelphia information Department Man Philadelphia county Logan city Philadelphia

Philadelphia police offering $20K for info on suspect who hugged man before fatally shooting him in Logan

Reading now: 326
www.fox29.com

PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Police Department's Homicide Unit is offering a $20,000 reward for information on a suspect who fatally shot a man in Logan last year.

According to authorities, the 38-year-old victim was fatally shot on Sunday, May 30, 2021, around 2:25 a.m. The incident happened on the 1000 block of W.

Olney Avenue and the suspect was caught on camera fleeing northbound on 10th Street, police say. Surveillance video of the two men shows them hugging minutes before the suspect fatally shot the victim.

Read more on fox29.com
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Buffalo mass shooting suspect wore hazmat suit to school, claimed he'd stabbed cat - fox29.com - New York - state New York - county Buffalo - city Hometown
fox29.com
84%
952
Buffalo mass shooting suspect wore hazmat suit to school, claimed he'd stabbed cat
Payton Gendron in the school yearbook (Photo via Fox News Digital) BUFFALO, N.Y. - The 18-year-old accused of allegedly killing 10 people and wounding three others in the Buffalo, New York grocery store shooting on May 14 that officials say is racially motivated wore a hazmat suit to class when his high school returned from its in-person learning pause due to COVID-19, yearbook pictures obtained by Fox News Digital show.Officials said that the 18-year-old, later identified as Payton Gendron, a White male, chose the Tops Friendly Market on Jefferson Avenue in Buffalo as the location for his alleged attack because it was located in a predominantly Black neighborhood, as he allegedly stated in his manifesto that the area's demographic breakdown has the "highest black percentage that is close enough to where I live."When Gendron and his classmates returned to Susquehanna Valley High School in Conklin, New York, after the school paused in-person learning during a portion of the COVID-19 pandemic, those around home noticed odd behavior and rebellious signs.BUFFALO GROCERY STORE SHOOTING: SUSPECT WORKED AT HOMETOWN MARKET IN MONTHS BEFORE 'RACIALLY-MOTIVATED' ATTACKOne of Gendron's classmates, Nathan Twitchell, told The New York Times that he wore a hazmat suit to class following the resumption of in-person learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. "He wore the entire suit: boots, gloves, everything," Twitchell said.Payton Gendron in a hazmat suit.
Milwaukee shooting: 3 men charged in incident that injured 16 - fox29.com - state Indiana - city Milwaukee
fox29.com
62%
750
Milwaukee shooting: 3 men charged in incident that injured 16
MILWAUKEE - Three men are now charged with shooting and wounding multiple people in one of three shootings downtown Milwaukee last week that injured 16 people.Marquise Jackson, 24, Christopher Murry, 23, and Lemont Siller, 21, were charged Wednesday, May 18 with felony conspiracy to commit aggravated battery and seven counts of first-degree reckless injury in connection to the shootings near Water and Juneau on Friday, May 13.Officers were investigating a prior shooting that happened at Water and Highland at around 10:30 pm when they heard dozens of gunshots from the area of Water and Juneau, about a block away, and hundreds of people running.Shooting incident at Water and Highland captured by surveillance camera.Officers saw a number of people firing guns and running from the area, and according to a criminal complaint, several of the bullets were fired in their direction.SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 NewsAccording to the criminal complaint, Jackson, Murry and Siller were together on Water Street when Siller told police he saw a 20-year-old man he has a long-standing dispute with.Marquise Jackson Court filings say surveillance video from the area shows the 20-year-old man and several other people were standing near the median on East Juneau, in front of an MSOE dormitory. Siller and Jackson are seen standing on the sidewalk with six others, on the north side of the street.Lemont Siller Siller, Jackson and the others in the group are seen making phone calls while looking in the direction of the 20-year-old man.
Police garage dispenser NOT updated in years, Energy Minister says MPs NOT sold fuel at subsidized rates - newsfirst.lk - China - Sri Lanka
newsfirst.lk
84%
522
Police garage dispenser NOT updated in years, Energy Minister says MPs NOT sold fuel at subsidized rates
COLOMBO (News 1st); Sri Lanka’s Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera says that posts shared on MPs being given subsidized fuel rates are false.“No MP from either side or anyone has been given subsidized rates than the current market prices given to the public,” he tweeted.Further, the Minister said he instructed the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation to carry out an investigation on the rates displayed in the dispenser at the Police garage and will make a statement in parliament.“No one will be extended privileges on fuel stations other than ambulance essential services,” he further tweeted.In his statement to Parliament, the Minister said the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation has never sold fuel to any MPs at a price less than the market rates, on any occasion.“You (Speaker) has requested the Inspector General of Police over the possibility of providing fuel for MPs to visit Parliament during the days that Parliament convenes,” he told Parliament.“The filling station in question does not sell fuel as Sri Lanka Police usually makes the payment to the CPC for their fuel requirements and the Narahenpita Police Garage only issues fuel for police officers in liters, and not for cash,” he explained.He said following the Speaker’s request to the Inspector General of Police, the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation has made it clear to sell Petrol for Rs. 334.19/-, Auto Diesel for Rs.
Buffalo mass shooting: 911 dispatcher on leave after allegedly hanging up on Tops supermarket employee - fox29.com - Los Angeles - state New York - county Buffalo - county Erie
fox29.com
44%
945
Buffalo mass shooting: 911 dispatcher on leave after allegedly hanging up on Tops supermarket employee
Buffalo, New York, mass shooting on Saturday alleged that a 911 dispatcher hung up on her while she was trying to get help, according to local reports.The dispatcher has been placed on administrative leave "pending a disciplinary hearing" that is expected to happen during the week of May 30, when "termination will be sought," Erie County office of the Executive press secretary Peter Anderson told Fox News Digital. An internal investigation into the incident began the day after the shooting on May 15, and the individual was placed on administrative leave on May 16, Anderson said. FILE - Bullet holes are seen in the window of Tops Friendly Market at Jefferson Avenue and Riley Street, as federal investigators work the scene of a mass shooting on Monday, May 16, 2022 in Buffalo, NY. (Kent Nishimura / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)BUFFALO SHOOTING SURVIVOR RECOUNTS HARROWING ESCAPE AFTER WITNESSING START OF 'HATE'-FUELED ATTACK"Of note, the employee[']s action had no bearing on the dispatching of the call. The first call was dispatched for an immediate police response in approximately 30 seconds," Anderson added.A Tops employee named Latisha told WGRZ that when an 18-year-old shooting suspect arrived at the supermarket on the afternoon of May 14 and began his rampage that eventually killed 10 Black individuals in what FBI Director Christopher Wray is calling "a hate crime and an act of racially motivated violent extremism," she tried to call 911 for help.BUFFALO TOPS MASS SHOOTING: PAYTON GEDRON ALLEGEDLY PLANNED A ‘RACIALLY MOTIVATED’ ATTACK DOWN TO THE MINUTE"I tried to call 911, and I was whispering because I could hear him close by," Latisha told the outlet.
Mahinda Rajapaksa - Temple Trees - Johnston Fernando - Police arrest Ex-politico & municipal worker over attacks on MynaGoGama & GotaGoGama - newsfirst.lk - Sri Lanka
newsfirst.lk
37%
718
Police arrest Ex-politico & municipal worker over attacks on MynaGoGama & GotaGoGama
COLOMBO (News 1st); Sri Lanka Police arrested Former Provincial Councilor Amal Silva and an employee attached to the Moratuwa Municipal Council over the attacks on the GotaGoGama and MynaGoGama protest sites.Sri Lanka’s Attorney General on Monday (16) directed the Inspector General of Police, and the Senior DIG in charge of the Criminal Investigations Department to arrest and produce in court 22 people including Ex-Ministers, and Members of Parliament who are linked to the attack on the MynaGogama & GotaGoGama peaceful protest sites.Ex-Minister Johnston Fernando, Ex-State Minister Sanath Nishantha, MPs Sanjeewa Edirimanne, Milan Jayathilake, Moratuwa Mayor Saman Lal Fernando, Colombo Municipal Councilor Mahinda Kahandagamage, Dan Priyasad are among those named by the Attorney General.A normal Monday morning on the 9th of May 2022, turned into a scene of chaos after pro-government supporters attacked the MynaGoGama protest site near Temple Trees following a meeting chaired by then-Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa.The meeting at Temple Trees was organized by the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna Local Government Members Forum and saw hundreds in attendance.Following this meeting, the pro-government supporters attacked the MynaGoGama protest site near Temple Trees and dismantled the camp.Thereafter, they moved to the main protest site in Galle Face known as GotaGoGama and destroyed several tents, and assaulted peaceful protestors.Sri Lanka Police, the Riot Police, Sri Lanka Army, and other law enforcement agencies were called in to control the situation and Sri Lanka Police eventually imposed an island-wide curfew to control the unrest. 
Video: Rome’s historic Spanish Steps damaged after driver takes wrong turn down staircase - fox29.com - Italy - Spain - Saudi Arabia
fox29.com
91%
780
Video: Rome’s historic Spanish Steps damaged after driver takes wrong turn down staircase
visiting Rome, Italy, told authorities he took a wrong turn and drove his car onto the country’s historic Spanish Steps, damaging them. Surveillance video captured the moments a Maserati SUV drove straight onto the staircase and can be seen bumping its way down the stairs as it disappears from view. From the base of the staircase, another surveillance camera captures what appear to be headlights shining down the right side of the steps and the front of a vehicle can be seen. A zoomed-in angle of the video footage shows a person with what appears to be a flashlight inspecting the front of the car. Freeze frame of surveillance video showing a car driving onto the Spanish Steps in Rome, Italy. (Polizia Roma Capitale via Storyful)Italian police were able to determine the car was a rental and managed to identify the driver as a 37-year-old man from Saudi Arabia. The driver was detained after he dropped off the rental car at Milan’s Malpensa Airport. The man had allegedly told authorities that he had gotten confused by his navigation system which led him to take the wrong turn onto the iconic staircase, according to local news media. A complaint has been filed against the man which includes aggravated damage to cultural and monumental assets, according to Italian police. The Spanish Steps were built at the beginning of the 18th century and connect the Piazza di Spagna (Square of Spain) to the Church of Trinità dei Monti. There are 135 steps that make up the staircase and are a popular tourist attraction.
DMCA