Alex Jones: Last News

Alex Jones ordered to pay Sandy Hook parents another $45.3M

Texas jury on Friday ordered conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the parents of a child who was killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, adding to the $4.1 million he has to pay for the suffering he put them through by claiming for years that the nation’s deadliest school shooting was a hoax.The total – $49.3 million – is less than the $150 million sought by Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, whose 6-year-old son Jesse Lewis was among the 20 children and six educators killed in the deadliest classroom shooting in U.S. history.

But the trial marks the first time Jones has been held financially liable for peddling lies about the 2012 attack in Newtown, Connecticut. Alex Jones case: Sandy Hook family seeks punitive damages on top of $4.1M awarded After the verdict, Lewis said that Jones has been held accountable.

She said when she took the stand and looked Jones in the eye, she thought of her son who was credited with saving lives by yelling “run” when the killer paused in his rampage.“He stood up to the bully Adam Lanza and saved nine of his classmates’ lives,” Lewis said. “I hope that I did that incredible courage justice when I was able to confront Alex Jones, who is also a bully.

I hope that inspires other people to do the same.”Earlier this week, Jones testified that any award over $2 million would “sink us.” His company Free Speech Systems, which is Infowars’ parent company, filed for bankruptcy protection during the first week of the trial.Punitive damages are meant to punish defendants for particularly egregious conduct, beyond monetary compensation awarded to the individuals they hurt. A high punitive award is also seen as a chance for jurors to send a wider

. Man Beyond Ball

Alex Jones

globalnews.caglobalnews.ca

Related News

Alex Jones - Rylan issues health update as he makes BBC The One Show return after hospital dash - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
83%
792
Rylan issues health update as he makes BBC The One Show return after hospital dash
Rylan Clark has issued The One Show viewers with a new health update.The presenter joined Alex Jones on the programme on Thursday night as he made a return to work after his hospital dash.Alex welcomed Rylan onto the show and asked him how he was, stating that fans were concerned.She asked him: "How are you? People have been worried."To which he replied: "You know me, I just love a little drama. I'm good now, thank you, I had a little bit of a dodgy time but I'm good."His Welsh co-star then added: "You're looking well and back on track."Then he joked: "It's a lot of makeup..."This comes after Rylan assured fans he'll be back soon after pulling out of his radio show because of illness.The 33-year-old star had worried fans by sharing a picture of a cannula in his arm as he revealed he'd had an "extended trip" to hospital and would be missing his radio show.Rylan didn't elaborate on his condition, although days before he had said he had the flu, and fans were concerned.However, the TV star's latest snap seemed to suggest he's on the mend.The picture showed a jar packed full of sweet snacks, with more piled up on the table."Whenever I feel ill I turn into such a child," said the 33-year-old."Resting up be back sooooooon."Fans flocked to the comments section to leave get well soon messages after the Strictly: It Takes Two host posted his health update."Hope you're back to your old self soon," said one fan.Another posted: "Hope you'll be improving day by day.""Get well soon Rylan!" urged one of his followers.
DMCA