hospital covid-19 reports

Manitoba reports 6 COVID deaths, 58 hospitalizations

Reading now: 254
globalnews.ca

COVID-19 died last week and 58 others needed to be hospitalized as a result of the virus.The province’s latest epidemiology update, which covers June 12 through 19, shows a continued decline in hospitalization rates due to COVID-19.

Manitoba premier self-isolating with COVID-19 Between June 5 and June 11, officials said 80 Manitobans were hospitalized as a result of the virus, including 14 of whom went into intensive care.The number of deaths reported in this week’s report, however, saw an increase over the three announced the previous week.But Manitoba’s total COVID-19 deaths recorded since March 2020 rose to 2,025 in the latest report — an increase of 10 over the previous week.The government has told Global News the number of deaths fluctuates as previous cases are confirmed or removed from the list.Of the 58 new hospitalizations, officials said eight were admitted to an ICU.

Read more on globalnews.ca
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Monkeypox not a global emergency 'at this stage,' WHO panel says - fox29.com
fox29.com
80%
225
Monkeypox not a global emergency 'at this stage,' WHO panel says
LONDON - The World Health Organization said the escalating monkeypox outbreak in more than 50 countries should be closely monitored but does not warrant being declared a global health emergency.In a statement Saturday, a WHO emergency committee said many aspects of the outbreak were "unusual" and acknowledged that monkeypox — which is endemic in some African countries — has been neglected for years."While a few members expressed differing views, the committee resolved by consensus to advise the WHO director-general that at this stage the outbreak should be determined to not constitute" a global health emergency, WHO said in a statement.WHO nevertheless pointed to the "emergency nature" of the outbreak and said controlling its spread requires an "intense" response.RELATED: WHO will rename monkeypox virus to counter concerns over stigma, discriminationThe committee said the outbreak should be "closely monitored and reviewed after a few weeks." But it would recommend a re-assessment before then if certain new developments emerge — such as cases among sex workers; spread to other countries or within countries that have already had cases; increased severity of cases; or an increasing rate of spread.WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreysus convened the emergency committee on Thursday after expressing concern about the epidemic of monkeypox in countries that haven't previously reported the disease."What makes the current outbreak especially concerning is the rapid, continuing spread into new countries and regions and the risk of further, sustained transmission into vulnerable populations including people that are immunocompromised, pregnant women and children," the WHO chief said.Monkeypox has sickened people for decades
DMCA