BLOCK Man Parke

Man, 38, critically injured after early morning Hunting Park shooting

Reading now: 600
www.fox29.com

Philadelphia Police say a shooting on West Lycoming Street has critically injured a 38-year-old man. HUNTING PARK - Philadelphia Police are investigating an early morning shooting, the Hunting Park section, that left a 38-year-old man in critical condition.Officials said police were called to the 1100 block of West Lycoming Street Saturday morning, about 4:30, on the report of shots fired.Police arrived to find a 38-year-old man shot multiple times.MORE HEADLINES:He was taken to Temple University Hospital and listed in critical condition.Police say an investigation is ongoing.

No weapons have been found and no arrests have been made.___Tips can be submitted by calling 215-686-TIPS (8477) or texting PPD TIP (773847).

Read more on fox29.com
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Buffalo mass shooting suspect wore hazmat suit to school, claimed he'd stabbed cat - fox29.com - New York - state New York - county Buffalo - city Hometown
fox29.com
91%
439
Buffalo mass shooting suspect wore hazmat suit to school, claimed he'd stabbed cat
Payton Gendron in the school yearbook (Photo via Fox News Digital) BUFFALO, N.Y. - The 18-year-old accused of allegedly killing 10 people and wounding three others in the Buffalo, New York grocery store shooting on May 14 that officials say is racially motivated wore a hazmat suit to class when his high school returned from its in-person learning pause due to COVID-19, yearbook pictures obtained by Fox News Digital show.Officials said that the 18-year-old, later identified as Payton Gendron, a White male, chose the Tops Friendly Market on Jefferson Avenue in Buffalo as the location for his alleged attack because it was located in a predominantly Black neighborhood, as he allegedly stated in his manifesto that the area's demographic breakdown has the "highest black percentage that is close enough to where I live."When Gendron and his classmates returned to Susquehanna Valley High School in Conklin, New York, after the school paused in-person learning during a portion of the COVID-19 pandemic, those around home noticed odd behavior and rebellious signs.BUFFALO GROCERY STORE SHOOTING: SUSPECT WORKED AT HOMETOWN MARKET IN MONTHS BEFORE 'RACIALLY-MOTIVATED' ATTACKOne of Gendron's classmates, Nathan Twitchell, told The New York Times that he wore a hazmat suit to class following the resumption of in-person learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. "He wore the entire suit: boots, gloves, everything," Twitchell said.Payton Gendron in a hazmat suit.
Milwaukee shooting: 3 men charged in incident that injured 16 - fox29.com - state Indiana - city Milwaukee
fox29.com
57%
904
Milwaukee shooting: 3 men charged in incident that injured 16
MILWAUKEE - Three men are now charged with shooting and wounding multiple people in one of three shootings downtown Milwaukee last week that injured 16 people.Marquise Jackson, 24, Christopher Murry, 23, and Lemont Siller, 21, were charged Wednesday, May 18 with felony conspiracy to commit aggravated battery and seven counts of first-degree reckless injury in connection to the shootings near Water and Juneau on Friday, May 13.Officers were investigating a prior shooting that happened at Water and Highland at around 10:30 pm when they heard dozens of gunshots from the area of Water and Juneau, about a block away, and hundreds of people running.Shooting incident at Water and Highland captured by surveillance camera.Officers saw a number of people firing guns and running from the area, and according to a criminal complaint, several of the bullets were fired in their direction.SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 NewsAccording to the criminal complaint, Jackson, Murry and Siller were together on Water Street when Siller told police he saw a 20-year-old man he has a long-standing dispute with.Marquise Jackson Court filings say surveillance video from the area shows the 20-year-old man and several other people were standing near the median on East Juneau, in front of an MSOE dormitory. Siller and Jackson are seen standing on the sidewalk with six others, on the north side of the street.Lemont Siller Siller, Jackson and the others in the group are seen making phone calls while looking in the direction of the 20-year-old man.
Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam cancel US tour after Jeff Ament tests positive for COVID-19 - nme.com - Usa - city Las Vegas - city Sacramento
nme.com
66%
135
Pearl Jam cancel US tour after Jeff Ament tests positive for COVID-19
Pearl Jam have cancelled the remainder of their US tour after bassist Jeff Ament tested positive for COVID-19.The band were due to play in Sacramento tonight (May 18) and Las Vegas on Friday (20), but both concerts have now been axed.It comes after drummer Matt Cameron was diagnosed with the virus just last week, leaving the band to enlist stand-in drummers.The band were joined by a fan on drums at their Oakland show last Thursday (May 12), while an 18-year-old friend of Eddie Vedder’s daughter stepped up to the plate at the same venue on Saturday (May 14).Then founding drummer Dave Krusen performed with the band for the first time in 31 years, earlier this week.In a statement on Twitter the band said: “Dear PJ fans and ticket holders, while the band battled through Oakland after drummer Matt Cameron tested positive for Covid, and Fresno where Ed and the band got through it with the help of Dave Krusen as special guest drummer, they now have to present the heartbreaking news that this morning bassist Jeff Ament has tested positive for COVID.(1/4)Dear PJ fans and ticket holders,While the band battled through Oakland after drummer Matt Cameron tested positive for Covid, and Fresno where Ed and the band got through it with the help of Dave Krusen as special guest drummer, pic.twitter.com/pmonPs99wq— Pearl Jam
World just as vulnerable to future pandemics after COVID: WHO panel - globalnews.ca - Spain - New Zealand - Portugal - county Geneva - county Johnson - Liberia
globalnews.ca
56%
930
World just as vulnerable to future pandemics after COVID: WHO panel
COVID-19 emerged in 2019, and may actually be in a worse place given the economic toll, according to a review panel set up to evaluate the global response.A lack of progress on reforms such as World Health Organization funding and international health regulations means the world is as vulnerable as ever, the Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response said in its report. Monkeypox cases are now suspected in U.K., Spain, Portugal — here’s what you need to know The report authors, led by former New Zealand prime minister Helen Clark and former president of Liberia Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, acknowledged some progress, but said the process wasgoing far too slowly.“We have right now the very same tools and the same system that existed in December 2019 to respond to a pandemic threat.And those tools just weren’t good enough,” Clark told reporters.“If there were a new pandemic threat this year, next year, or the year after at least, we will be largely in the same place… maybe worse, given the tight fiscal space of many, if not most, countries right now.”Wednesday’s report from the body set up by the World Health Organization comes ahead of next week’s World Health Assembly in Geneva, the WHO’s annual decision-making forum, which is expected to address some of the issues raised.While the body welcomed some steps forward, including moves to establish a separate global health security fund within the World Bank, it warned that global interest was waning and the years it will take to set up other instruments – including a potential pandemic treaty, an international agreement to improve preparedness – were too long.The panel called for a high-level meeting at the U.N.
Buffalo mass shooting: 911 dispatcher on leave after allegedly hanging up on Tops supermarket employee - fox29.com - Los Angeles - state New York - county Buffalo - county Erie
fox29.com
47%
574
Buffalo mass shooting: 911 dispatcher on leave after allegedly hanging up on Tops supermarket employee
Buffalo, New York, mass shooting on Saturday alleged that a 911 dispatcher hung up on her while she was trying to get help, according to local reports.The dispatcher has been placed on administrative leave "pending a disciplinary hearing" that is expected to happen during the week of May 30, when "termination will be sought," Erie County office of the Executive press secretary Peter Anderson told Fox News Digital. An internal investigation into the incident began the day after the shooting on May 15, and the individual was placed on administrative leave on May 16, Anderson said. FILE - Bullet holes are seen in the window of Tops Friendly Market at Jefferson Avenue and Riley Street, as federal investigators work the scene of a mass shooting on Monday, May 16, 2022 in Buffalo, NY. (Kent Nishimura / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)BUFFALO SHOOTING SURVIVOR RECOUNTS HARROWING ESCAPE AFTER WITNESSING START OF 'HATE'-FUELED ATTACK"Of note, the employee[']s action had no bearing on the dispatching of the call. The first call was dispatched for an immediate police response in approximately 30 seconds," Anderson added.A Tops employee named Latisha told WGRZ that when an 18-year-old shooting suspect arrived at the supermarket on the afternoon of May 14 and began his rampage that eventually killed 10 Black individuals in what FBI Director Christopher Wray is calling "a hate crime and an act of racially motivated violent extremism," she tried to call 911 for help.BUFFALO TOPS MASS SHOOTING: PAYTON GEDRON ALLEGEDLY PLANNED A ‘RACIALLY MOTIVATED’ ATTACK DOWN TO THE MINUTE"I tried to call 911, and I was whispering because I could hear him close by," Latisha told the outlet.
DMCA