Sri Lanka Malaysia city Kuala Lumpur Government crisis Department Sri Lanka Malaysia city Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia plans to recruit 10,000 Sri Lankan workers

Reading now: 430
www.newsfirst.lk

KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Cabinet has agreed to recruit 10,000 workers from Sri Lanka after taking into account the state of the country which has been hit by an economic crisis, Malaysian Human Resources Minister M Saravanan said.According to Minister for Human Resources Datuk Seri M.

Saravanan, the Sri Lankan government had submitted an official request to supply manpower and applied for a quota of 10,000 workers, having taken into account the country's economic crisis.

The Cabinet, at its meeting last Sept 14, agreed to hire foreign workers to help Sri Lanka which is facing its worst economic crisis, he said, urging Malaysian industry and employers to support the government's gesture by employing workers from Sri Lanka to fill vacancies in sectors allowed to hire foreign workers.Minister Saravanan commented: "I urge the industry and employers to support the intention of the government by employing foreign workers from Sri Lanka to fill job vacancies in sectors that are allowed to hire foreign workers."According to Saravanan, employers who have been given quota approval and have settled the levy payment should seize the opportunity.As of last Sept 14, levy payments had been made for 416,634 applications for foreign workers, he said, adding that employers keen to hire foreign workers can contact the ministry's Migrant Worker Management Division ([email protected]) or the Peninsular Malaysia Labour Department ([email protected]) for more information..

Read more on newsfirst.lk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Nike will offer major discounts on shoes, apparel following a report of excess product - fox29.com - New York - Los Angeles - Jordan
fox29.com
47%
966
Nike will offer major discounts on shoes, apparel following a report of excess product
LOS ANGELES - Consumers who are sick of the ongoing impacts of inflation are soon to experience a bit of relief following an announcement from Nike which plans to liquidate some of it's products following a recent flood of inventory. According to a report by The New York Post, Nike said it's planning to offer sales of up to 44% overall and 65% in North America, the company as it reported for its latest quarter last week. The company is blaming supply chain issues for a lag in product movement which resulted in the company overstocking some items while others arrived late. "We effectively have a few seasons landing in the marketplace at the same time," chief financial officer Matt Friend said on an earnings call with analysts on Thursday, adding that some of that inventory is now "seasonally out of relevance" and will be cleared out more quickly to make room for the "newest and best inventory."  So what does this mean for shoppers? Big discounts, and just in time for the holidays. There are three factors that could lead to inflation which include demand-pull inflation, cost-push inflation and built-in inflation.Nike wants to get rid of excess products sitting on its shelves and fast. Many sneakerheads have noted a variety of Jordan shoes and other Nike shoes that normally sell out quickly, collecting dust on shelves. Photos of these normally highly sought after shoes were posted on social media in an attempt to show the impacts of the ongoing economic downturn.  
Eamonn Holmes - Eamonn Holmes: GB News host shares health update after chronic pain surgery 'Need to heal' - express.co.uk
express.co.uk
84%
844
Eamonn Holmes: GB News host shares health update after chronic pain surgery 'Need to heal'
Eamonn Holmes has taken to Twitter to share an update on his health after he underwent "risky" surgery for his chronic pain.The GB News host, 62, told how he plans to be back on his morning show, Breakfast with Eamonn and Isabel, soon, after taking time off for his back to heal from the operation.Last week, Eamonn told how he was planning to take time out from his TV presenting responsibilities to have surgery in a bit to help his battle with chronic pain.Eamonn has bravely documented his battle with the condition over the years, including his multiple efforts to relieve the pain.After breaking the news of his operation, the star gave an insight into how long he'll need to recover after the "risky" surgery.Amid his absence on GB News, Twitter user @Nella97_ wrote: "GB News Breakfast isn't the same without Eamonn."Hope you'll be back soon, speedy recovery @EamonnHolmes and the best partnership alongside @IsabelWebster_ #GBNEWS," he added.Eamonn replied: "Thank u Nella."I'll need a week to let my back heal.x"The original poster penned: "Get well soon, coming back better and stronger," alongside a row of hearts.It comes after the former This Morning star told how he's been left "immobile" amid his ongoing battle with chronic pain.The star was every inch the proud grandad as he gushed over his granddaughter Emilia walking for the first time.The one-year-old was seen taking numerous steps before she lost her balance in a cute video adored by many of his fans.Alongside the post, he wrote: "My Granddaughter Emilia chose today to take her first steps.....
Ringo Starr: Beatles legend, 82, forced to cancel US tour with band after catching Covid - express.co.uk - Usa - county Lake - Canada - state Minnesota - county Buffalo - county Centre - state Michigan
express.co.uk
44%
650
Ringo Starr: Beatles legend, 82, forced to cancel US tour with band after catching Covid
Ringo Starr has been forced to cancel his US tour dates after catching Covid.The former Beatles musician, 82, was set to play a string of dates in America with his band All-Starr before he fell ill.The drummer is said to be "recuperating at home" after it was confirmed the star had caught Covid.Two shows had preivously been cancelled at the last minute after the musician fell ill at the weekend.The musician's spokeperson confirmed: "Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band were forced to cancel their recent shows at Four Winds Casino in New Buffalo Michigan and at Mystic Lake Casino in Prior Lake, MN due to illness."It has been confirmed today that Ringo has Covid and the tour will be on hold while Ringo recuperates."As of today the following shows have been canceled: October 2 Prior Lake, MN - Mystic Lake Casino, October 4 Winnipeg, Manitoba - Canada Life Centre, October 5 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Sasktel Centre, October 6 Lethbridge, Alberta - Enmax Centre, October 8 Abbotsford, BC - Abbotsford Centre, October 9 Penticton, BC - South Okanagon Events Centre.They went on: "Ringo hopes to resume as soon as possible and is recovering at home."As always, he and the All Starrs send peace and love to their fans and hope to see them back out on the road soon," his representatives added to The Mirror.
DMCA