Sri Lanka travelers Sri Lanka

Lost At Sea : Fisherman rescued after 24 hours

Reading now: 702
www.newsfirst.lk

COLOMBO (News 1st): The Navy has rescued a fisherman who had been swimming for more than 24 hours in the deep seas of Sri Lanka’s south.A fisherman had fallen into the sea when traveling with five other fishermen on the Multi-Day Fishing Trawler ‘Lakvindu 3 ‘.The boat had left the coast on Friday (07), and subsequently, the incident had taken place about 8 nautical miles away from Tangalle.The fishermen had been rescued by a navy vessel that had left the Galle Harbor for whale watching about 7 nautical miles from the coast. .

Read more on newsfirst.lk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

NO objection to grant bail to Hejaaz – AG tells Appeal Court - newsfirst.lk
newsfirst.lk
42%
911
NO objection to grant bail to Hejaaz – AG tells Appeal Court
COLOMBO (News 1st): The Attorney General on Thursday (20) told the Court of Appeal that there was no objection concerning the bail application made with the High Court on behalf of Attorney-at-Law Hejaaz Hizbullah, who was arrested and remanded under the Prevention of Terrorism Act.Deputy Solicitor General Sudarshana De Silva appearing for the Attorney General said there was no objection towards granting bail when the revision application filed by Counsel Hizbullah was taken up at the Court of Appeal in the presence of Justices Menaka Wijesundara and Neil Iddawela.The DSG told the Court of Appeal that the case filed by the Attorney General under the Prevention of Terrorism Act against Hejaaz Hizbullah at the Puttlam High Court will be taken up on the 28th of January and if a request for bail is made the Attorney General will not object to it.Attorney-at-Law Hejaaz Hizbullah was arrested on the 14th of April 2020 for his links to a Madrasa School in Puttlam where sermons on extremism were presented to students.After 18 months in detention, an application was made with the Puttlam High Court seeking bail for Attorney-at-Law Hejaaz Hizbullah in the case filed by the Attorney General under the PTA.However, on the 19th of November 2021 the Puttlam High Court rejected the application noting that under Article 15 (2) of the Prevention of Terrorism Act, a High Court does not have the power to grant bail for Attorney-at-Law Hejaaz Hizbullah.The application with the Court of Appeal requests for the order by the High Court be made void and Attorney-at-Law Hejaaz Hizbullah is granted suitable/conditional bail.
Safety commission issues warning on infant loungers after 2 deaths in recent years - fox29.com - Los Angeles
fox29.com
88%
763
Safety commission issues warning on infant loungers after 2 deaths in recent years
Leachco Podster, Podster Plush, Bummzie, and the Podster Playtime Infant Loungers LOS ANGELES - The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is warning consumers to avoid certain infant loungers after the agency learned of two deaths from suffocation related to the products.The agency posted the warning on Thursday, reporting two infants who were using a Podster lounger and died."Due to a change in position, their noses and mouths were obstructed by the Podster or another object," the CPSC wrote.The deaths occurred in 2018 and 2015, the agency reported. The agency is urging consumers to be aware of Podster, Podster Plush, Bummzie and Podster Playtime (the "Podsters") infant loungers manufactured by Leachco, Inc.In response to the warnings, Leachco, Inc. said their products are not intended for sleep and argues the CPSC is "wrongly telling consumers to stop using the Podster altogether." "Leachco has always had clear warnings on the product and its packaging not to place it in a bed or crib or use it for unsupervised sleep," the company said in a statement. "Leachco stands by the Podster's quality, safety and value," the company added.Currently, the CPSC is not calling for a recall of the products but is urging parents to avoid using them for a baby’s nap time. Advertisement"Infant loungers like Podsters are not safe for sleep.
Charley Webb - Matthew Wolfenden - Emmerdale's Charley Webb left 'slightly furious' after Covid delays her plans - express.co.uk
express.co.uk
46%
549
Emmerdale's Charley Webb left 'slightly furious' after Covid delays her plans
Emmerdale star was not happy about it either."The Christmas nail are here to stay for another week due to my lovely nail technician having to isolate," she wrote."I'm slightly furious that I can't change them/still loving being Christmassy."It's been quite a start to the new year for Charley, who confirmed her departure from the ITV soap last week.During a Q&A session with fans last week, the Bury-born actress hinted that her reason for stepping away from her role as Debbie was partly to spend more time with her family.After an incredible 19 years on the soap, the mother-of-three indicated that quality time with her children is how she plans to spend her new year."This is always my most asked question but I've never answered it before because I've never wanted to make a big deal of it," she explained on top of a family photo."I left to have Ace 2 years ago," I went back at the end of last year for 10 weeks to complete a storyline."She added: "So, I guess officially it's been a year."Charley had also answered a question from a fan wondering if she's still planning on having more children with her husband, fellow Emmerdale star Matthew Wolfenden.The couple is already parents to sons Buster, 11, Bowie, six, and Ace, three."Are you going to have any more bubbas? Xx," the curious fan asked.Charley responded, expressing that she wasn't done expanding her family just yet, adding that she'd been feeling rather "broody" lately."People say you know when you're done having babies," she expressed."I don't feel that way.
Piers Morgan - 'Oh the tangled web’ Piers Morgan slams Djokovic as photo emerges a day after Covid test - express.co.uk - Australia - Serbia
express.co.uk
78%
563
'Oh the tangled web’ Piers Morgan slams Djokovic as photo emerges a day after Covid test
Piers Morgan, 56, reacted to a photograph of Novak Djokovic surrounded by young tennis players which was shared the day after his lawyers claim he tested positive for Covid.The photograph was taken at an awards ceremony in Belgrade, Serbia, and Djokovic can be seen standing with young people who are holding tennis trophies.It is unclear when the event took place, but the photographs were shared by the Tennis Association of Serbia on December 17, as reported by Sky News.Djokovic’s lawyers say he had tested positive for Covid a day earlier.They are reportedly planning to use the test in question to validate Djokovic’s medical exemption which would enable him to enter Australia without being vaccinated.Upon hearing the news, Piers Morgan took to Twitter to jibe at the tennis champion.The journalist wrote: “‘Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive…”The quote comes from author Sir Walter Scott’s nineteenth century poem Marmion.Piers has previously praised Australia for denying Djokovic’s entry into the country.He told his 7.9 million followers: “The #Djokovic saga is not about whether you believe in Covid vaccines, but whether you believe famous sports stars should play by the same rules as everyone else.“He has the right not to be jabbed, and Australia has the right to chuck him out for making a dodgy visa application."The 20-time Grand Slam winner is still being held in a Melbourne detention centre after his visa was cancelled upon arrival into the country.He was told he didn't meet the country's entry requirements due to his vaccine status.Djokovic has not revealed whether he has been vaccinated or not, although he has been critical of mandated vaccines in the past.Court documents released on
Alastair Campbell details children's mental health issues after own psychotic breakdown - express.co.uk - Britain
express.co.uk
60%
981
Alastair Campbell details children's mental health issues after own psychotic breakdown
Good Morning Britain presenter Alastair Campbell has opened up about his children's mental health issues after speaking about his own psychotic breakdown.The former Labour spokesperson, 64, spoke exclusively to Express.co.uk about joining forces with revolutionary mental health platform, Just Ask A Question, as well as documenting his battle with depression.Speaking to Express.co.uk, the former political strategist told how he had no regrets about opening up about his mental health.Alastair said: "I didn't have any second thoughts, not at all."I know for some people they find that difficult, but I was a journalist when I first realised that I had mental health problems."Because I had a psychotic breakdown and was hospitalised, people in the media knew what had happened," he explained.He went on to share why he decided to be "very open" about what had happened, adding that he's "never regretted" it.Alastair continued: "When I went back to The Mirror, I left the paper I was on and went back to The Mirror where I had been before."They knew something had happened and all sorts of rumours had gone around and I decided there and then the best policy is just to be very, very open about it and I've never regretted that."The broadcaster went on to tell how he experienced "difficulties" with his family, before praising his son Calum and daughter Grace for their candour about their mental health experiences too.Alastair said: "I mean, sometimes stuff with your family can be very, very difficult, but now I feel that the openness I've had with my family both with me and about me."He continued: "My children have had issues, I've got a son who's a recovering alcoholic and my daughter has really bad anxiety."They've been open as well