county Windsor: Last News

Houston nurse in deadly LA crash that killed 6, charged with murder, vehicular manslaughter

LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón on Monday announced charges against Nicole Lorraine Linton, the 37-year-old nurse from Houston who police say ran a red light and plowed her speeding Mercedes through a busy intersection in Windsor Hills causing a deadly crash.Six people were killed in the violent wreck at the intersection of S. La Brea Avenue and Slauson Avenue.

The dead include 23-year-old Asheray Ryan, her almost-one-year-old son Alonzo, her unborn son and the father of that unborn child, as well as two others. Gascón said his office cannot file the manslaughter charge in a case involving an unborn child.BACKGROUND: Houston nurse speeding thru LA intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman, in fiery crashThe DA said the case was still under investigation, and wouldn't discuss all of the details, but when asked if Linton was driving under the influence Gascón said, "There is no evidence of any alcohol use at this point."Nicole Litton, from Houston, was charged with six counts of murder and five counts of gross vehicular manslaughter for her role in a fatal crash in Los Angeles last Thursday.At the site of the crash on S.

La Brea and Slauson, a makeshift memorial continues to grow.  "I was on that street there," Latricia Tucker said, adding it happened, "right in front of my face."Tucker says last Thursday she saw the speeding car and watched in shock as driver Linton crashed into two cars.

One burst into flames. Had Tucker not stopped for a salad before getting to the intersection she believes she could have been killed.Gascón says his office's "...

shock BURST reports
www.fox29.comwww.fox29.com

Related News

Meghan Markle - prince Philip - prince Harry - BREAKING Palace faces last minute health decision on whether Queen will attend Philip's memorial - dailystar.co.uk - Usa - Britain - county Windsor
dailystar.co.uk
36%
384
BREAKING Palace faces last minute health decision on whether Queen will attend Philip's memorial
Queen is still hopeful she will join her family in a poignant memorial for Prince Philip later today (Tuesday).But although the monarch is mentioned in the Order of Service, Buckingham Palace is expected to confirm as late as Tuesday morning whether or not she will be able attend the event – which is of special significance to her.The 95-year-old head of state pulled out of the Commonwealth Day service earlier this month due to comfort issues and has spoken about not being able to move.She recently recovered from Covid-19 and appeared on good form at Windsor last week.Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will definitely not be in attendance.Controversially, Prince Andrew Duke of York will be in attendance despite recently settling a sexual assault civil case in the US out of court.The Palace said the Queen has been actively involved in the plans for the service, with many elements reflecting her wishes.And in another emotional nod to her late husband, several of the details in the service were actually planned by the Duke of Edinburgh himself.Missing gestures from Philip's pre-pandemic arrangements will see young Gold Duke of Edinburgh's Award holders and members of the youth UK Cadet Force associations line the steps of Westminster Abbey as guests arrive.The duke's express wishes for the congregation to join and sing the rousing hymn Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer, and for the clergy from Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral to play a special part will finally be granted on Tuesday.The duke had an active role in the day-to-day management of the estates for many years.He wanted the minister of Crathie Church near Balmoral, the rector of Sandringham and the chaplain to the Royal Chapel of All Saints, Windsor Great Park, to take
Kenney says federal government’s use of Emergencies Act ‘not necessary’ in Alberta - globalnews.ca - Canada - county Windsor
globalnews.ca
71%
452
Kenney says federal government’s use of Emergencies Act ‘not necessary’ in Alberta
Trudeau invokes Emergencies Act for 1st time to aid convoy blockade response Kenney referenced the Critical Infrastructure Defence Act, legislation that allows law enforcement to arrest and fine anyone impeding what is deemed critical economic infrastructure, including railways and highways.He said the legislation gives the province sanctions “that are quite similar to the court injunction obtained by Ontario” to break up a blockade on the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor, Ont., over the weekend.Kenney said he is concerned invoking the Emergencies Act could have the potential to make things worse at the Coutts blockade.“I think at this point, for the federal government to reach in over top of us, without offering anything in particular, would frankly be unhelpful,” Kenney said.“I think we need to find ways to effectively enforce without escalating the situation.” RCMP arrest 13 people, seize weapons and ammunition near Coutts border blockade Kenney’s comments come after several arrests were made and more than a dozen long guns, handguns, ammunition and body armour were seized at the blockade. The premier described the group as a “militant cell” and said it’s why there has been “a relatively light touch on enforcement.”It’s the first time the Emergencies Act has been enacted in Canada, which Trudeau said would have a time and geographic limitation to areas impacted by the blockades and where law enforcement deems the expanded powers are needed.According to Trudeau, the expanded powers will give police more tools for enforcement and allow the RCMP to enforce municipal bylaws and provincial offences where it’s necessary.“The potential for violent acts I think remains.
Southern Ontario highway partially closed due to convoy demonstrations: police - globalnews.ca - Usa - Canada - city Detroit - county Windsor
globalnews.ca
63%
586
Southern Ontario highway partially closed due to convoy demonstrations: police
convoy demonstrations against COVID-19 measures.Police said the westbound lanes of the highway at Nauvoo Road have been shut down due to “high traffic volumes” from “freedom convoy” demonstrators.Drivers in the area are being asked to follow emergency detour route signage. Windsor-Detroit Ambassador Bridge access resumes after trucker protest blocked traffic “The OPP respects the right of everyone to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly,” police said.“The OPP asks everyone to be patient and respectful of each other despite potential inconvenience.”The closure is approximately 45 km away from the Blue Water Bridge crossing between Canada and the United States in Sarnia, Ont.It’s not clear if that’s where convoy demonstrators are intending to go.Part of Highway 402 was blocked on Sunday as well due to convoy demonstrations. Police have redirected commercial traffic to the Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia, Ont., and urged motorists to avoid the area around the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor, Ont.There, a protest against COVID-19 measures is blocking Canada-bound vehicles from crossing the Ambassador Bridge between Windsor, Ont., and Detroit for a third day.More to come.— With files from The Canadian Press#LambtonOPP have implemented a closure of westbound Highway 402 at Nauvoo Road to ensure public safety.
DMCA