county Hennepin: Last News

Charges: Mom fatally shot 6-year-old son, hid his body in trunk of car

ORONO, Minn. (FOX 9) - The mom of a 6-year-old boy who was found fatally shot in the trunk of the car she was driving in Mound on Friday has now been charged with murder, accused of shooting him up to nine times in the car with a shotgun.Julissa Angelica Genrich Thaler, 28, of Spring Park, was charged Monday with second-degree murder, with intent, in the killing of her 6-year-old son, Eli Hart, on Friday, May 20. Thaler's first court appearance is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

Her bail has been set at $2 million, court documents show. Another person, a man, was also taken into custody on Friday in connection to Eli's death. The Hennepin County Attorney's Office told FOX 9 on Monday there is insufficient evidence at this time to charge him in connection to Eli's death. Eli's family has launched a GoFundMe to help pay for funeral costs. Eli was a kindergarten student at Shirley Hills Primary School in Mound, Westonka Public Schools said Saturday.

 Orono Police Chief Correy Farniok spoke with members of the media about the discovery of a body inside the trunk of a vehicle that was stopped Friday morning in Mound.According to the criminal complaint and Orono police, at about 7 a.m. on Friday, May 20, police officers conducted a traffic stop on a Chevrolet Impala, driven by Thaler, that was missing its front tires and was riding on the rim. The back window of the vehicle was broken out and there appeared to be blood on Thaler’s hand.

death Fighting Parke
www.fox29.comwww.fox29.com

Related News

Body to be exhumed in unexplained death of Maple Grove teen - fox29.com - state Minnesota - county Anderson - county Hennepin
fox29.com
79%
618
Body to be exhumed in unexplained death of Maple Grove teen
Robbie Anderson MAPLE GROVE, Minn. (FOX 9) - An Anoka County Judge has granted the request of a Maple Grove mother to exhume the body of her 19-year-old son, Robbie Anderson, whose unexplained death was the subject of a FOX 9 investigation.Robbie Anderson died on December 4, 2009, after an evening of underage drinking at a friend’s Maple Grove home.Judge John Dehen’s order on Thursday said the remains "shall be disinterred and exhumed from Forrest Hill Cemetery in Anoka, Minnesota as soon as practical."Three independent medical examiners and the Maple Grove Police Department support exhuming the body because of discrepancies and inconsistencies in the case.The original autopsy, performed by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, ruled the cause and manner of Anderson’s death as a "sudden unexplained death."In December 2019, the FOX 9 Investigators uncovered new details in the case, including inconsistent accounts from the two underage friends Robbie was drinking with that night, Paul Leclerc and Matthew Scouton.For a decade Bob and Sandy Anderson have been looking for answers as to how and why their 19-year-old son, Robbie, died during a night of drinking with friends. They may finally be closer to getting answers.The young men had been drinking in the basement of Leclerc’s parents’ home, when Paul Leclerc made a frantic and bizarre call to 911, saying Robbie was unconscious, not breathing, and they would be bringing his body to the front door.First responders arrived at a chaotic scene.  Police dashcam video showed an intoxicated Leclerc in the back of a police squad car screaming, "Oh God, Oh God, I killed Rob.  I killed him."Robbie’s mother, Sandra Anderson, has been assisted in her efforts by Sheila Potocnik, who
Amir Locke shooting: More bodycam video released by Minnesota BCA - fox29.com - state Minnesota - city Minneapolis - county Hennepin
fox29.com
77%
365
Amir Locke shooting: More bodycam video released by Minnesota BCA
MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has released all investigative materials, including additional body-worn camera video, related to the Minneapolis police deadly shooting of Amir Locke during a no-knock raid in February.The release of the materials comes after Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman and Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison announced Wednesday morning there is "insufficient admissible evidence" to support criminal charges against Mark Hanneman, the Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed the armed 22-year-old Black man while conducting an early morning no-knock SWAT team raid.New body camera videoPreviously, the BCA had only released one officer's body camera footage. The reports released with Wednesday’s charging decision confirm that the previously released video was from the perspective of MPD Officer Aaron Pearson, who opened the apartment door with a key provided by apartment management for the SWAT team to enter.The new video shows the moments before and after shots were fired from 11 other body cameras, including Officer Mark Hanneman.An interview transcript included in the case file shows the moments as Marlon Speed, who was sleeping in the next room over when Locke was shot, spoke with the BCA after the shooting.The transcript shows Marlon Speed learned his cousin died while speaking with investigators for a brief period.
DMCA