hospital crisis Health

Health sector in limbo due to fuel crisis

Reading now: 199
www.newsfirst.lk

COLOMBO (News 1st); Hospital operations are at risk due to the current fuel crisis, warn health workers.Deputy Director-General of Health Services and the Director of Lady Ridgeway Hospital for Children Dr.

Read more on newsfirst.lk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Senior Canadian navy official removed from position over ‘inappropriate comments’ - globalnews.ca - Canada
globalnews.ca
58%
151
Senior Canadian navy official removed from position over ‘inappropriate comments’
Maritime Forces Pacific Formation Chief Petty Officer has been relieved from his appointment due to “inappropriate comments” he made, according to a statement released by the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) on Monday.Timothy Blonde was removed from his duties after making inappropriate comments about a junior sailor’s appearance at a social event at Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt on May 6, the statement says.The Formation Chief Petty Officer is the most senior non-commissioned member appointment within Maritime Forces Pacific, according to RCN. 2nd retired military officer charged in connection with sexual assault at RMC In the statement, Vice-Admiral Angus Topshee, commander of the Royal Canadian Navy, states he “no longer has confidence in Blonde’s ability to carry out his leadership duties, maintain discipline, and ensure the highest standards of ethics and values of the Royal Canadian Navy and the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).”Topshee noted that the investigation did not show that Blonde has violated the Code of Service Discipline or the Criminal Code of Canada.However, he said the evidence showed his action was “unacceptable and incompatible with his duties and responsibilities as Formation Chief Petty Officer.”Therefore, Topshee said the RCN decided that it is necessary to remove Blonde from his duties.It is unclear what comments were made by Blonde and the nature of the comments.Blonde will continue to serve in the RCN because no charges have been pressed, but RCN said Blonde will not be in a position of “senior leadership or influence where fostering trust with junior members is required.”Last month, another leader of the navy, commanding officer Lt.-Cmdr.
Sajith Premadasa - Ranil Wickremesinghe - Dinesh Gunawardena - Party Leaders meeting heats up, PM tries to move proposal to purchase fuel - newsfirst.lk - Sri Lanka
newsfirst.lk
65%
102
Party Leaders meeting heats up, PM tries to move proposal to purchase fuel
COLOMBO (News 1st); Sri Lankan Party Leaders have decided to convene parliament on the 15th of July, two days after the President steps down.The Party Leaders including Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, Dinesh Gunawardena, Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa, Kumar Welgama, Dilan Perera Tiran Alles, Dullas Alahapperuma, Mano Ganesan, Lakshaman Kiriella, Rishad Bathiudeen, Udaya Gammanpila, and several other MPs had attended the crucial meeting on Monday (11) afternoon.MP Rauff Hakeem speaking to reporters said the nominations for the post of President will be taken up on the 19th of July, and then on the 20th of July, an election will be held.Sri Lanka Muslim Congress Leader Rauff Hakeem speaking to reporters said Ranil Wickremesinghe made another attempt at the meeting to seek the approval of party leaders to make fuel purchases.He said the party leaders opposed the decision to move such a proposal, adding that it was a decision to be made by the Cabinet of Ministers and NOT the Party Leaders.Rauf Hakeem said he will NOT accept Ranil Wickremesinghe as the Prime Minister, adding that Wickremesinghe is attempting to pass the blame on to the Party Leaders by moving a proposal at the meeting to make fuel purchases in the absence of any valid document.“Words were exchanged at the meeting,” said Rauff Hakeem adding that the objective is to form an all-party government, with a large number of ruling party MPs.He questioned by the President is not directing his decision to step down in writing to the speaker, rather than making phone calls.Rauff Hakeem said both the President and the Prime Minister must submit their resignations in writing.
BBC Breakfast viewers concerned for presenter's health as she struggles through report - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
46%
277
BBC Breakfast viewers concerned for presenter's health as she struggles through report
BBC Breakfast weather star Sarah Keith-Lucas worried viewers when she struggled through her weather report this week.The TV weather forecaster tried desperately to fight off a coughing fit that would have ruined her segment on Sunday's show (July 10).Poor Sarah looked visibly uncomfortable as she did her best to tell the nation about a possible heatwave without coughing on air.READ MORE:BBC Breakfast's Naga Munchetty admits 'huge loss for BBC' as she pays tribute to co-starShe ended up apologising to the viewers at home, explaining she was suffering from a cough.Stifling a cough, Sarah said: "Excuse me," before adding: "Very sorry for my cough!"Her voice had started shaking during the report which interrupted her momentum, but luckily she managed not to cough.However, hosts Nina Warhurst and Roger Johnson were quick to praise their brave colleague for her professionalism.Concerned for his co-star, Roger said: "Hopefully, somebody is standing by with a glass of water for you, Sarah."Sarah replied: "That's exactly what I'm going to do!"Roger remarked: "Well done," before adding: "You battled on brilliantly, well done - thank you."Nina was also impressed as she chimed in: "She came through it, well done, Sarah!"She added "That is a true professional, she didn't cough all throughout but she was dying to."Fans flocked to Twitter to air their concerns for the weather presenter during the broadcast.For more of the latest showbiz and TV news from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.One asked: "Hope you’re ok? So professional to continue."Sarah herself replied: "Thanks! I usually manage to hold off a cough till the end of a broadcast but just not today."A second said: "#bbcbreakfast Get the poor
Shawn Mendes - Shawn Mendes ‘heartbroken’ as he postpones tour to focus on mental health: ‘I’ve hit a breaking point’ - metro.co.uk
metro.co.uk
76%
960
Shawn Mendes ‘heartbroken’ as he postpones tour to focus on mental health: ‘I’ve hit a breaking point’
Shawn Mendes has revealed he is postponing three weeks of his tour in order to focus on his mental health after hitting ‘breaking point’. The singer, 23, is currently on his Wonder World Tour but revealed he was taking some time out on the advice of his doctors and team after struggling with his mental health. Shawn told his fans in a statement reading: ‘This breaks my heart to have to say this, but unfortunately I’m going to have to postpone the next three weeks of shows through Uncasville, CT until further notice.‘I’ve been touring since I was 15 and to be honest it’s always been difficult to be on the road away from friends and family.‘After a few years off the road, I felt like I was ready to dive back in, but that decision was premature and unfortunately the toll of the road and the pressure has caught up to me and I’ve hit a breaking point.’He added: ‘After speaking with my team and health professionals, I need to take some time to heal and take care of myself and my mental health, first and foremost.‘As soon as there are more updates I promise I will let you know. Love you guys.’The Grammy award winner has previously been open about his mental health with fans, opening up in April about how he sometimes felt like he was ‘drowning’. He explained in an open letter at the time: ‘I’m afraid that if people know and see the truth they might think less of me.
DMCA