doctor patient reports

Doctor who slapped patient on Ayrshire Covid ward cleared of wrongdoing

Reading now: 570
www.dailyrecord.co.uk

A doctor who shook a ‘difficult' patient, shouted at them and slapped them across the face before saying to colleagues “that felt good,” has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Dr Ziyad Al-Janabi appeared at the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (MPTS) to answer allegations over his behaviour in Ayr Hospital’s ‘Red Resus’ area.

The incident took place on May 23, 2020, when Al-Janabi, a specialist doctor in emergency medicine, was working in the ‘Red Resus.’Red Resus is an area for patients who are very unwell and, at that time, was being used to treat those suspected of having Covid-19.It was claimed his behaviour ‘concerned’ colleagues when he treated a semi-conscious patient, who’d been admitted with a suspected drug and alcohol overdose.On arrival at A&E, the man, known only as Patient ‘A’ had been semi-conscious but had become “agitated and combative.”The Ayrshire Live app is available to download now.Get all the local news in your area – plus features, football news and the latest on the coronavirus crisis – at your fingertips 24/7.The free download features the latest breaking news and exclusive stories while you can customise your page with the sections that matter to you.The Ayrshire Live app is available to download now on iOS and Android.Staff in attendance were “unable to restrain” the patient and called for Dr Al-Janabi.He attended, repositioned the patient onto a trolley, but while doing this, he allegedly shook the patient, shouted at him and slapped them, before saying ‘that felt good.’The incident was reported, leading to an investigation over Al-Janabi’s fitness to practise.According to the MPTS report, Dr Al-Janabi saw the patient on his arrival and, after completing the usual checks, delegated care of

Read more on dailyrecord.co.uk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Jeremy Renner - Jeremy Renner shares new health update on Instagram as he thanks ICU medical team - express.co.uk
express.co.uk
56%
369
Jeremy Renner shares new health update on Instagram as he thanks ICU medical team
On Friday, Jeremy appeared to be feeling better as he received a head massage from Kym in a video shared on Instagram.In the clip, the actor showed off his bruised and swollen face while his sister massaged his head in a shower cap.The Hawkeye star slurred his words in the video while explaining that this was his first shower while confirming he was "definitely weak of something".He captioned the video: "ICU SPA MOMENT TO LIFT MY SPIRITS.“Thank you mama Thank you, sister.Thank you all for your love."Jeremy was run over by a seven-tonne snow plough on New Year's Day as he worked to free a trapped family member from the snow covering his Lake Tahoe home.He was left in critical condition and has been reported to have undergone two surgeries to help his recovery.Authorities have said Jeremy tried to use his 14.330-pound snow plough to help free a family member with a personal vehicle that was stuck in the snow.The actor got out of the vehicle to speak with the family member, during which time, Washoe County Sheriff Darin Balaam said: "It was observed that the PistenBully [snow plough] was starting to roll."In an effort to stop the rolling PistenBully, Mr Renner attempts to get back into the driver seat of the PistenBully."Based on our investigation, it’s at this point that Mr Renner is run over by the PistenBully."A 911 call made in the aftermath indicates that the right side of the actor's chest collapsed and his upper torso was crushed.The actor, who owns his own fire truck, plough and other heavy machinery took a snowcat to help clear the way for some of the snow early hours of New Year's Day.A publicist for Jeremy said in a statement Monday that he had "returned from surgery and remains in the intensive care unit in
60,000 MT of coal will reach Sri Lanka on Friday (6); Norochcholai to run on full capacity from Sunday (8) - newsfirst.lk - Sri Lanka
newsfirst.lk
68%
742
60,000 MT of coal will reach Sri Lanka on Friday (6); Norochcholai to run on full capacity from Sunday (8)
COLOMBO (News 1st) – Sri Lanka's Ministry of Power and Energy said that a shipment of 60,000 MT of coal will reach the country on Friday (6).The Ministry said that another five coal shipments are expected to reach Sri Lankan shores in January and payments for the fives shipments have already been made.The generator at the Norochcholai Power Plant that was the shutdown for maintenance will be reactivated on Sunday (8), said the Ceylon Electricity Board.One generator at the Norochcholai Coal Power Plant was shut down on the 22nd of December 2022 citing early maintenance and resulted in the loss of 300 MW to the national power grid.In the midst of all this, a proposal is made to once again increase the electricity tariff.According to the country's Power & Energy Minister the objective of this tariff hike is to cover the cost of providing a continuous supply of electricity.One of the scenarios presented by the CEB engineers will be used for this purpose, and according to the Minister the generation plan is as follows:27% from hydro-power 28% from Coal 13% from Diesel and Furnace Oil 2% Wind Power  12% from Private Diesel or Furnace Oil Power Plants. 13% from Solar power plants 4% from rooftop solar panelsThe CEB Employees' Union allege that this is an attempt to reduce the low cost production using coal, and to increase the production that would cost more.According to them, it only costs Rs.
DMCA