state Pennsylvania city Middletown Target state Pennsylvania city Middletown

DA: 10 Pennsylvania students face juvenile court charges in hazing case

Reading now: 423
www.fox29.com

(Photo by Thomas A. Ferrara/Newsday via Getty Images) MIDDLETOWN, Pa. - A Pennsylvania prosecutor announced charges in juvenile court Tuesday against 10 students in connection with alleged hazing of high school football players that prompted cancellation of the team's season.Dauphin County prosecutors said two Middletown players will face attempted sexual assault charges and eight others face other counts in connection with hazing that authorities said targeted at least six players from ages 14 to 17.PREVIOUS: Pennsylvania district investigates hazing, cancels high school's football season"This investigation did not involve just hazing or ‘boys will be boys’ conduct," Chief Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Gettle said in a news release from the office of District Attorney Fran Chardo. "Rather, two of these individuals committed repeated sexual assaults and encouraged others to participate under the guise of hazing."Superintendent Chelton Hunter earlier said team members had been in the high school turf room used for heat acclimation practice sessions when an Aug.

11 cellphone video showed "a group of students restraining two of their teammates and using a muscle therapy gun and another piece of athletic equipment" to poke their buttock areas.The players remained fully clothed and no penetration appeared to have occurred, he said, calling the video difficult to watch and the acts "completely unacceptable, offensive, and highly inappropriate."Two 17-year-old students faces charges of criminal attempt to commit involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault, unlawful restraint, simple assault, and hazing.

Read more on fox29.com
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Food Crisis: Estate Sector worst affected, says WFP - newsfirst.lk
newsfirst.lk
75%
202
Food Crisis: Estate Sector worst affected, says WFP
COLOMBO (News 1st) – The World Food Program in its report for September 2022 reported that the highest level of acute food insecurity is in the Estate sector.The World Food Program has highlighted the tea production sector as having the  highest level of acute food insecurity in the Estate sector.It is also recorded and among female-headed households, households with no education, and Samurdhi programme beneficiaries.A severe macroeconomic crisis caused acute shortages and spikes in the prices of essential products, including medicines, food, agricultural inputs and fuel, bringing the overall economic activities to a standstill, with major disruptions to agricultural production, said the WFP.It added that acute food insecurity has risen dramatically, as a result of import shortages, soaring prices, livelihood disruptions, reduced household purchasing power and exhaustion of less severe household coping strategies. The WFP said that Food and livelihood-related coping strategies are being widely adopted, including cutting the number of meals consumed in a day, reducing meal sizes, spending savings, and purchasing food on credit. As households exhaust these strategies, more of them are likely to engage in severe means of coping with negative knock-on consequences for food security over the medium term.The World Food Program warned that the situation is likely to deteriorate during the lean season from October 2022 to February 2023.It added that over 6.2 million people (28 percent of the population) are estimated to be moderately acute food insecure and 66 000 people to be severely acute food insecure. Immediate food assistance and livelihood programmes are essential for moderately and severely acute food insecure
Heavy rains for multiple provinces today (4) - newsfirst.lk - province North-Western - province Sabaragamuwa
newsfirst.lk
68%
369
Heavy rains for multiple provinces today (4)
COLOMBO (News 1st) – The Department of Meteorology says that showers will occur at times in Western, Sabaragamuwa, and North-Western provinces and in Kandy, Nuwara-Eliya, Galle, and Matara districts. Fairly heavy falls of about 50 mm can be expected at some places in Sabaragamuwa Province.Showers or thundershowers will occur at several places in Uva and Eastern provinces during the evening or night.The general public is kindly requested to take adequate precautions to minimize damages caused by temporary localized strong winds and lightning during thundershowers.Condition of Rain:Showers will occur at times in the sea area off the coast extending from Puttalam to Matara via Colombo.Winds:Winds will be south-westerly and wind speed will be (20-40) kmph. Wind speed may increase up to 50 kmph at times in the sea areas off the coast extending from Puttalam to Galle via Colombo. Wind speed may increase up to (55-60) kmph from Galle to Pottuvil via Hambantota. State of Sea:The sea areas off the coast extending from Puttalam to Galle via Colombo will be rough at times and from Galle to Pottuvil via Hambantota will be rough and very rough at times.There is a possibility to increase swell waves about (2.5 m – 3.0 m) in the sea areas off the coast extending from Galle to Pottuvil via Hambantota and about (2.0 m – 2.5 m) in the sea areas off the coast extending from Puttalam to Galle via Colombo.Therefore, it is advised not to venture into fishing and naval activities in the sea areas off the coast extending from Galle to Pottuvil via Hambanthota and requested to be vigilant, in the sea areas off the coast extending from Puttalam to Galle via Colombountil further notice.
Nike will offer major discounts on shoes, apparel following a report of excess product - fox29.com - New York - Los Angeles - Jordan
fox29.com
52%
397
Nike will offer major discounts on shoes, apparel following a report of excess product
LOS ANGELES - Consumers who are sick of the ongoing impacts of inflation are soon to experience a bit of relief following an announcement from Nike which plans to liquidate some of it's products following a recent flood of inventory. According to a report by The New York Post, Nike said it's planning to offer sales of up to 44% overall and 65% in North America, the company as it reported for its latest quarter last week. The company is blaming supply chain issues for a lag in product movement which resulted in the company overstocking some items while others arrived late. "We effectively have a few seasons landing in the marketplace at the same time," chief financial officer Matt Friend said on an earnings call with analysts on Thursday, adding that some of that inventory is now "seasonally out of relevance" and will be cleared out more quickly to make room for the "newest and best inventory."  So what does this mean for shoppers? Big discounts, and just in time for the holidays. There are three factors that could lead to inflation which include demand-pull inflation, cost-push inflation and built-in inflation.Nike wants to get rid of excess products sitting on its shelves and fast. Many sneakerheads have noted a variety of Jordan shoes and other Nike shoes that normally sell out quickly, collecting dust on shelves. Photos of these normally highly sought after shoes were posted on social media in an attempt to show the impacts of the ongoing economic downturn.  
Eamonn Holmes - Eamonn Holmes: GB News host shares health update after chronic pain surgery 'Need to heal' - express.co.uk
express.co.uk
85%
454
Eamonn Holmes: GB News host shares health update after chronic pain surgery 'Need to heal'
Eamonn Holmes has taken to Twitter to share an update on his health after he underwent "risky" surgery for his chronic pain.The GB News host, 62, told how he plans to be back on his morning show, Breakfast with Eamonn and Isabel, soon, after taking time off for his back to heal from the operation.Last week, Eamonn told how he was planning to take time out from his TV presenting responsibilities to have surgery in a bit to help his battle with chronic pain.Eamonn has bravely documented his battle with the condition over the years, including his multiple efforts to relieve the pain.After breaking the news of his operation, the star gave an insight into how long he'll need to recover after the "risky" surgery.Amid his absence on GB News, Twitter user @Nella97_ wrote: "GB News Breakfast isn't the same without Eamonn."Hope you'll be back soon, speedy recovery @EamonnHolmes and the best partnership alongside @IsabelWebster_ #GBNEWS," he added.Eamonn replied: "Thank u Nella."I'll need a week to let my back heal.x"The original poster penned: "Get well soon, coming back better and stronger," alongside a row of hearts.It comes after the former This Morning star told how he's been left "immobile" amid his ongoing battle with chronic pain.The star was every inch the proud grandad as he gushed over his granddaughter Emilia walking for the first time.The one-year-old was seen taking numerous steps before she lost her balance in a cute video adored by many of his fans.Alongside the post, he wrote: "My Granddaughter Emilia chose today to take her first steps.....
DMCA