Sri Lanka covid-19 vaccine Health Sri Lanka

COVID Vaccine for kids: FR petition against mandatory rule on 31st Jan

Reading now: 630
www.newsfirst.lk

COLOMBO (News 1st); The Supreme Court of Sri Lanka has decided to consider on the 31st of January, a petition that was filed seeking a ruling that the fundamental rights are being violated when making it mandatory for children under the age of 18 to obtain the vaccine against COVID-19.The application was called up in the presence of Justices Gamini Amarasekera, Kumuduni Wickremesinghe, and Achala Wengappuli.President’s Counsel K.

Kanag-Isvaran, appearing for the petitioner said it was promised in court earlier, that only the Director-General of Health Services would make statements with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic and the COVID-19 prevention programs.The President’s Counsel said that however, the Health Minister making such a statement is a violation of the agreement reached earlier in court.He said that further submissions will be made in court, adding that it is wise to first obtain the parent’s consent before administering the vaccine to children.The applications were filed by Dr.

Dharani Rajasingham, Ranjith Senani Seneviratne, and Nirmalal Harin Fernando.The Health Minister, State Minister for Health were among those named as respondents.The applications note that it was made mandatory to obtain the vaccine against COVID-19, adding that NO law to this effect was passed in parliament, and forcing one to obtain the vaccine is illegal. .

Read more on newsfirst.lk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Roland Garros - Novak Djokovic could play in France under latest COVID-19 vaccine rules - fox29.com - France - Australia - county Park - Serbia - city Melbourne, county Park
fox29.com
91%
489
Novak Djokovic could play in France under latest COVID-19 vaccine rules
PARIS - Top-ranked player Novak Djokovic could be allowed to defend his French Open title under the latest COVID-19 rules adopted by the French government, even if he is still not vaccinated when the clay-court Grand Slam starts in May.Djokovic was deported from Australia and barred from playing in the Australian Open this month for not meeting the country’s strict COVID-19 vaccination rules.It initially appeared that the Serb tennis star would not be welcomed at Roland Garros either under a new law intended to exclude the unvaccinated from stadiums, restaurants, bars and other public places.As questions quickly arose about Djokovic's status in France following his deportation from Australia, Sports Minister Roxana Maracineanu previously said that as soon as the law was passed the country's vaccine pass would become compulsory to enter stadiums, theater or exhibitions, "for all spectators, practitioners, French or foreign professionals."But the vaccine pass is not restricted to vaccination.Under the law that took effect on Monday, anyone who has proof they tested positive within the previous six months is exempt from having to show a vaccine pass. That suggests Djokovic could play in the French Open in May and June, the next Grand Slam tournament, because he has said he tested positive in mid-December.FILE - Novak Djokovic of Serbia serves during a practice session ahead of the 2022 Australian Open at Melbourne Park on Jan.
Vladimir Putin - Jen Psaki - Lloyd Austin - Ukraine-Russia conflict: Pentagon places 8,500 troops on standby - fox29.com - Washington - Russia - Ukraine
fox29.com
62%
732
Ukraine-Russia conflict: Pentagon places 8,500 troops on standby
WASHINGTON - At President Biden's direction, the Pentagon is putting about 8,500 U.S.-based troops on heightened alert for potential deployment to Europe amid rising fears of a possible Russian military move on Ukraine.Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said Monday no final decisions had been made on deployments, which he said would happen only if the NATO alliance decides to activate a rapid-response force "or if other situations develop" in connection with tensions over Russia's military buildup along Ukraine's borders."What this is about is reassurance to our NATO allies," Kirby said, adding that no troops are intended for deployment to Ukraine itself.Kirby said Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin recommended to Biden that up to 8,500 troops be ordered to prepare for potential deployment to Europe in light of signs that Russian President Vladimir Putin is not de-escalating his military pressure on Ukraine. Kirby said he was not prepared to identify the U.S.-based units because they were still being notified."We’ve always said we would reinforce our allies on the eastern flank, and those conversations and discussions have certainly been part of what our national security officials have been discussing with their counterparts now for several weeks," said White House press secretary Jen Psaki.FILE - Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby.