Scotland hospital testing Government Scotland

Covid in Scotland LIVE as over 20,000 daily cases recorded in last 24 hours

Reading now: 622
www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Fewer than 100 covid patients with the Omicron variant have required hospital treatment across Scotland. New figures show that just one person confirmed to have the variant has ended up in intensive care.

The figures were described as encouraging by the Scottish Government, however there was also a warning cases linked to the more infectious variant could still pile pressure on NHS Scotland because so many Scots are catching it.

One in 40 people in Scotland were estimated to have Covid last week, official figures show, with around 80% of new cases shown to be Omicron, according to the First Minister.

Read more on dailyrecord.co.uk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

John Mayer - John Mayer tests POSITIVE for COVID-19 and pulls out of Dead and Company's event in Mexico - dailymail.co.uk - Mexico
dailymail.co.uk
84%
502
John Mayer tests POSITIVE for COVID-19 and pulls out of Dead and Company's event in Mexico
Just before leaving for Mexico to perform in Dead and Company's Playing in the Sand event this weekend, John Mayer has tested positive for COVID-19.The 44-year-old singer was slated to perform with Dead and Company, an offshoot of the beloved group Grateful Dead, at the event in Cancun, Mexico, via Variety.The news was announced on Dead and Company's Instagram page on Wednesday, revealing Mayer was just about to leave for Mexico when he tested positive and was forced to bow out of the festivities. Positive:Just before leaving for Mexico to perform in Dead and Company's Playing in the Sand event this weekend, John Mayer has tested positive for COVID-19 Update:The news was announced on Dead and Company's Instagram page on Wednesday, revealing Mayer was just about to leave for Mexico when he tested positive and was forced to bow out of the festivities'Today, just prior to leaving for Mexico, per his physician, @JohnMayer tested positive for COVID-19 and will be unable to perform at the upcoming “Playing in the Sand” event in Riviera Cancun January 7-10,' the Company's statement began.'The weekend will now feature Dos Hermanos con Amigos: @MickeyHart and @BobWeir with @JeffChimentiMusic and @Oteil_Burbridge, joined by @LuvrsLane, Tom Hamilton @TRHJunior and including special guests and sit ins including @MissMargoPrice and others,' the statement added.
Piers Morgan - Alan Sugar - Lord Sugar: The Apprentice star suffers broken septum due to 'harrowing' Covid measures - express.co.uk - Britain
express.co.uk
42%
148
Lord Sugar: The Apprentice star suffers broken septum due to 'harrowing' Covid measures
The Apprentice star Lord Alan Sugar has revealed that he suffered a broken septum after following the "harrowing" coronavirus protocols that were needed to film the latest series of the popular BBC show.The 16th series is set to air on January 6 as contestants battle it out to receive a £250,000 investment from the business magnate, 74.But in a new interview, the Hackney native has told how he was left with a broken septum after adhering to Covid protocols that included rigorous testing.The TV personality detailed the requirements that were necessary for the show's 16th season to go ahead.Lord Sugar also revealed the jaw-dropping number of Covid tests he's done in preparation for filming the show.He said: "The Covid protocol was harrowing, to make it simple."I think my last count I’ve done 79 Covid tests," he admitted.The business mogul told The Mirror and other publications: "I haven’t got Covid but I’ve got a broken septum in my nose here."His co-star, business executive Karren Brady, also had her say on working within strict Covid rules, explaining that they were necessary to keep everyone safe.She said: "I think it was a mammoth task in itself, keeping everybody safe, that was the priority of the production team and everybody who was involved."She went on to reveal that social distancing, mask-wearing and constant testing were all measures taken even when the cameras weren't filming.Lord Sugar's comments come after he hit out at former Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan, following his remarks about this year's honours list.Piers told his 7.9 million Twitter followers how "disappointed" he was that he wasn't included on the list and "will have to wait" for his turn.He wrote: "Very disappointed not to have